★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Kamikaze Robots by Digital Chocolate

04-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Kamikaze Robots by Digital Chocolate

Kamikaze Robots only $4.99
Not sure why they keep jacking up all their prices of their games. Anyway in this one you to spins and jumps down a hill.

Quote:
Spin like crazy down a hill in the ultimate test of stamina, performing outrageous spins and sky-high jumps. Go bot-to-bot in a tournament consisting over 25 levels and earn thethe respect and upgrades you need to become a true Kamikaze Robot. Share the explosively fun action game by challenging friends to a multiplayer race. Watch your score bubble up as you are racing to reach the finish line.

PREMIUM FEATURES:
Two innovative game modes offering endless fun:
Quick Game = Race with up to three real people to reach the finish line in Pass-n-Play style
Tournament Mode - Play over 25 levels of extreme downhill action
Unlock big robot upgrades and customize the different capabilities of the robot
Competitive AI robots with increasing difficulty levels
Great controls - gently slide or tap your fingers on the touch screen control the robot's wild movements
Award-winning music and sound effects
Here's video of cell phone version (not iphone)

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by mrbass; 04-20-2009 at 12:24 AM.
04-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by power View Post
hi your game looks really good well done
It's not his game.

Especially when he is bashing on the developers for raising their prices

Twitter: @Zincous

04-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Well after reading reviews it they said it's a spin off of Tornando Mania which I'm really waiting for so this might be decent actually will wait to try lite version. In Tornadio Manaia your tornado spins clockwise (it could be reverse) and to reverse the spin you hold down and you try to smash all the buildings. In Kamikaze Robots you try to time him to jump to propel him. However, if you land on the back foot it slows him down.

edit: ok I'm an idiot I was browsing I think Australia app store and saw 3.99 so thought they raised some of their $2.99 games to 3.99 my bad.

Last edited by mrbass; 04-18-2009 at 03:24 PM.
04-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Well, Kamikaze Robots isn't available in the US store. It actually looks really interesting, and something I would like. Tornadio Mania looks really good too though
04-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Well only played for a bit here's screenshots of the tutorial pretty much tells you all you need to know. I think it's ok...worth $5....no way...oh well.

04-20-2009, 08:49 PM
lol wtf i thought i created this thread.
04-20-2009, 10:27 PM
You know those games that are addicting you want to play it again and again to pass? Well for me this one isn't quite it. Yes I fail a lot and I've upgraded my armor, stamina, jump and armor on my robot but once you think it's just about making it to the finish line without exploding your wrong. Next thing you know just finishing won't win the race you have to beat the dumb ai robots who get harder and harder.

Sure you can go back and collect stars that you missed on levels. Some I got 4 outta 4 but some levels only 3 outta 4. Still if this was a tad more fun then I think I'd be more inclined to revist it again and again. As it stands now Kamikaze Robots is a frustrating experience for me. Perhaps I suck at it and that could very well be my level of enjoyment and others might love this one. Hard for me to say.
04-20-2009, 11:59 PM
"Explosion" is not something to avoid but a feature that you may use to win a race. When you're about to explode (no arms nor legs) you can point the body to the finish line direction and your head will be launched really fast. I won several races just by launching the head! Very cool!

By the way, "explosion" is one of the skills that you can buy.

In addition, it's very important to collect chips. Sometimes I play the next race just to collect additional chips, then upgrade, then play a previous race again but now stronger which usually make things easier.

Right now, I just wish the game could have 100 levels instead 29. It's great to manage races and chips.

Below my post in the what it seems to be the second topic about the game:

Quote:
I don't use to do that but let me start for the main two CONS:
  • Loading time: each "race", even if you are just retrying, is preceded by a 6 seconds loading time (very annoying*)
  • The music does not translate the game theme at all

*In tour if you win a race but does not get extra "chips" you have to pass through 3 loading times to race again (2 loading times for nothing by the way); it'd be nice if the game would ask if you want to try the race since you didn't get any chip... If you get the game you'll understand what I mean...

Nevertheless, the game is still nice to play.

You have control over robot's spinning and you just try to get the best angle possible to not destroy your robot and get as far as possible (Quick race) or the final line (Tour).

Quick race is interesting due the ghost robot of your best race. Four players can race here (one after another) so you can enjoy the game with your friends.

Tournament is something that really adds to the replay value. You have 29 challenges and each one you are encourage to race more than once to get more "chips" to upgrade your robot. Of course, you can get the four chips at once if you win a race by spinning, and by reaching the minimum speed and height required by the meters at the top right of the screen. This 4 chip feature increases the replay value because you have a good excuse to play an event again and win all 4 chips (a nice, nice touch!)

Each chip worth an upgrade (jumping, spinning, stamina and explosion) so you'll always have a better robot to race, reducing the repetitiveness a lot. In addition, the armor itself seems to have up to 4 or 5 upgrades, which means the robot physically changes along the game. By the way, the interface to select the upgrades is small, unnecessarily small.

These upgrades are carried to the quick race so you'll always have an excuse to break your last record.

This game has nice features put together. Very nice.

I just don't give a 5/5 due the CONS above.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
04-21-2009, 01:02 AM