★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Do you delete games from your iPod/iPhone when you aren't playing them?

04-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Do you delete games from your iPod/iPhone when you aren't playing them?

I just deleted about 20 apps from my iPhone that I havent played in a while because I wanted to make some room on my iPhone so I dont have to keep having a bunch of app pages.
04-18-2009, 04:12 PM
I only delete Lite versions of games, or ones I hate so much that I don't even want to look at their icon. As for the other ones, I just keep them on my iPhone because syncing is such a hassle. I try not to go over 7 pages of apps though.

04-18-2009, 04:14 PM
yeah I have to because I have tons of apps and always want to download new and I'm always having to delete cuz of the 9 page limit. I mostly delete free apps and lite versions unless I really can't see myself every playing a paid game I have. This doesn't happen often though because I do a lot of research on TA before buying a game.

I CAN'T WAIT TIL THE NEW IPHONE AHHHH I WANT IT SO BAD I'M PRETTY SURE I'M THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO STILL USES THE ORIGINAL IPHONE 2G.
04-18-2009, 04:15 PM
I follow the same routine as the OP. I try to stay under 6 pages, but I'm going a bit overboard with all the new apps rushing in.

Plus+/OpenFeint Username: gscal
04-18-2009, 04:16 PM
I like to keep 3 pages (4 if I really can't delete games). So...
First: Defaults/ Facebook/ Appsniper/AIM
Second: First line: good current games, rest are old games
Third: First 2 or 3 lines are old games, last line is just new games that may or may not be good.
Fourth: If I have a fourth, the games are current games that I don't want to delete but aren't favorites either.

Everything else is deleted.

EDIT: I order my games somewhat too (ngmoco, high score games like scoops/doodlejump, Racing, FPS, puzzle, physics games).

Last edited by dmbfan1192; 04-18-2009 at 04:18 PM.
04-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Had to clear my full 9 pages of apps. Got rid of a lot of shoddy ones, too.
04-18-2009, 04:31 PM
I like to have options... so, I keep all of my pages full. My first two pages are reserved for non-game applications (+ the unremovable, yet worthless Stocks, et. al.) and the rest are all games. It's a weird psychological thing though -- I have games that I have not used in MONTHS, if at all (!!), that for one reason or another, I just will not delete. It makes it an excruciating (hyperbole alert) process whenever I want to pick up a new game.
04-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spardadante View Post
I just deleted about 20 apps from my iPhone that I havent played in a while because I wanted to make some room on my iPhone so I dont have to keep having a bunch of app pages.
I only delete games I know I will NEVER play again. The games I like or I want to try at a later time, I simply uncheck them when my ipod is hooked up via USB in the applications tab, that way I can still have the game saves and stats that deleting eliminates

I un-synched and deleted enough apps to have two new pages again one of which is already used up but I have enough space for reviews.
04-18-2009, 04:36 PM
heck naw, I only delete lites, crap ones, or free ones.

I never delete payed apps, since I still have a bit of room left.
04-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Only if I don't plan on playing them in the future, or if the save data doesn't matter.

Plus+: Icewraithe
Tester for: Legion of Amon, 7x SECRET, many more