★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ninja Buddy v1.4 - Official Thread

04-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Ninja Buddy v1.4 - Official Thread

Hello All,

The Amazing Ninja Buddy version 1.4 update has finally hit the app store (if it still says 1.3 on the store give it a few moments):

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=303470913&mt=8
More information here: www.omegasoftweb.com

Here is what the update brings to the table:

- Massively streamlined assets to reduce ram and improve loading time drastically
- New move added: Swipe up with two fingers to backflip
- Mini games now begin by one-touch menu
- Unlockable moves are now permanent
- The mute button now works
- A few minor bug fixes

Unfortunately the cool star cracking through the glass effect when you fail the star game had to be removed; the review team apparently is worried people might actually think their phone screen was cracked!

Thank you for all of your support so far; we got really slammed by reviews because the update took so dang long to get out because of the rejection; so if you like Ninja Buddy we would really appreciate it if you wrote a nice review (or dinged your old review if you've put one in already).

We plan to continue with quick and frequent updates, so keep sending us suggestions; Thanks!!
04-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Nice! What are we going to see in the next update?

Love the backflip and the new icons on the top right.

Last edited by 21duc29; 04-18-2009 at 04:54 PM.

04-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Good thing about the shortened loading time, it took forever. What is it now?
Also, that thing about the cracked screen is so stupid!

Plus+/OpenFeint Username: gscal
04-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Downloaded app 40 minutes ago, appstore was still showing update 1.3 but download was 1.4.
The game is... 20x faster now! New move and unlockables change seem to work great!

Playing: Solipskier, Edge, Ground Effect, Bobble Surfer, Minigore, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, iSR, Pocket God, Slotz, Zen Bound 2, Crazy Snowboard, Vector Tank, ...
04-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Glad everyone is enjoying the update so far! The next one is almost complete and will add the new target based mini-game, some improvements to the star game, and some more overall polish. Now we can regain some of that momentum; haiya!!!
04-18-2009, 10:40 PM
I agree that the cracked screen thing was pretty lame for rejection, especially with the other apps in the store that do similar things! Glad to see you are back on track, and I'm still waiting for my blow-gun mini game too

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!
04-19-2009, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderData View Post
I agree that the cracked screen thing was pretty lame for rejection, especially with the other apps in the store that do similar things! Glad to see you are back on track, and I'm still waiting for my blow-gun mini game too
Wanna hear something insane; I just had another app rejected for an even more ridiculous reason. It's a musical instrument app right; and when you have vibration mode on the device vibrates in addition to the sound it makes; when vibration is off, it doesn't. Here's basically what the rejection said:

"The Vibration Mode is not functional. There is no change in sound when the Vibration Mode is On or when it is OFF"

WTF? I just wrote them back that vibrate mode is not supposed to "Change the sound" it's supposed to...oh, i don't know....MAKE THE DEVICE VIBRATE!!

Edit: It's also a percussive instrument, so you can't even try to make the argument that maybe he was thinking the musical note should have vibrato

Last edited by scotopia; 04-19-2009 at 01:13 PM.
04-19-2009, 07:27 PM
That sucks, apple and their rules these days...

Another idea In the menu button, instead of throwing stars at the ninja, throw an apple and then the ninja buddy slices it in half and we can drag the sliced apples with our fingers to his face and he eats it/ or just have him fetch the slices then eat (sorry if someone already said it..)
04-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21duc29 View Post
That sucks, apple and their rules these days...

Another idea In the menu button, instead of throwing stars at the ninja, throw an apple and then the ninja buddy slices it in half and we can drag the sliced apples with our fingers to his face and he eats it/ or just have him fetch the slices then eat (sorry if someone already said it..)
That's a pretty good idea... I like ideas like this that involve multiple stages of interaction; definitely something to consider; thanks again! (And no, I don't think anyone said it yet )
04-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotopia View Post
Wanna hear something insane; I just had another app rejected for an even more ridiculous reason. It's a musical instrument app right; and when you have vibration mode on the device vibrates in addition to the sound it makes; when vibration is off, it doesn't. Here's basically what the rejection said:

"The Vibration Mode is not functional. There is no change in sound when the Vibration Mode is On or when it is OFF"

WTF? I just wrote them back that vibrate mode is not supposed to "Change the sound" it's supposed to...oh, i don't know....MAKE THE DEVICE VIBRATE!!

Edit: It's also a percussive instrument, so you can't even try to make the argument that maybe he was thinking the musical note should have vibrato
OMG that is insane! There's just no excuse for that sort of thing...the reviewers need to at least have a command of the english language for god's sake! At any rate, I'm glad the Ninja Buddy update finally got through; it loads like 10x as fast now and the menus for the mini-games make a big difference!