★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Stuffed Toys
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 3.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A tile-based strategy adventure game. Command Squishy Bear, Sleepy Panda, and The Little Bears as you challenge yourself in 24 unique levels. Fight against rabid squirrels, killer rabbits, zombies (of course!), and much more. Find new obstacles and fight bosses in this turn-based game. A thief has stolen your precious jelly beans! Catch him and return glory to the picnic table.

Features:
- 24 unique levels
- Control three party members
- Silly characters
- Defeat bosses
- Turn based strategy
- Simple controls
- Dynamic enemies with AI
- Some thinking required

stuffedtoys's comments:
A tile-based strategy adventure game. Command Squishy Bear, Sleepy Panda, and The Little Bears as you challenge yourself in 24 unique levels. Fight against rabid squirrels, killer rabbits, zombies (of course!), and much more. Find new obstacles and fight bosses in this turn-based game. A thief has stolen your precious jelly beans! Catch him and return glory to the picnic table.

Features:
- 24 unique levels
- Control three party members
- Silly characters
- Dynamic enemies with AI
- Defeat bosses
- Turn based strategy
- Simple controls
- Some thinking required

iTunes Link - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jelly-bean-quest/id440426144
Price: $1.99 (Price reduced to $.99)
Homepage - http://jellybean.techpenny.com

I am the developer and I just released my new game. I wanted to develop something that was silly, but would require some strategy. Here are two promo codes: WAWK7RN9KP6K , KXTF6AAYNLMK. Thanks.
06-28-2011, 01:59 AM
I gave it a try, I think the focus is in the right place but the user interface needs some enhancement and added polish. Early on maps seem too small and characters don't seem diverse enough. I want to like this more than I do because it is a spirited attempt and iOS needs more quality strategy games.

Last edited by undeadcow; 07-02-2011 at 10:03 AM.
07-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the feedback! It's really helpful. And yes, iOS does need more strategy games... That's why we made one.
07-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Hopefully the $0.99 sale brings more attention.
07-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
**Posted in the price drop thread**

The music is a little annoying... sounds like it's got errors in the music file... =o/

But as for the gameplay... it's alright. Kinda like a scaled down very basic turn based attack game. I think there should have been better animations, and better number layout when you attack and get attacked...

It's kept me entertained, especially after you get more party members. =oP

I wanted to add to the conversation here... it is an alright game. It feels kind of like it's an outline of a game though. I think if you kept working on it, it could turn into something really really good.