Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 06-26-2011, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbie View Post

This doesn't necessarily give the total time to fully stock, because it doesn't factor in the time taken to empty out previously-filled stocks, and therefore the amount of time the floor will stand empty waiting for that last stock item to be ready. Anyone gonna work that out?
Selling times are variable, there is no set time on how long it takes something to sell out. That is why we can't have an alert when something sells out. The game calculates that when you open the app back up.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:18 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhjed View Post
Selling times are variable, there is no set time on how long it takes something to sell out. That is why we can't have an alert when something sells out. The game calculates that when you open the app back up.
I know, hence the smiley.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:19 AM

Quote:
I know, hence the smiley.
Sorry, the internet doesn't show sarcasm well
Old 06-26-2011, 05:25 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

I should've used a .

It's interesting that there's a hierarchy of business types by total time-to-stock. I wonder whether there's a gameplay advantage in focusing on Food/Retail/Recreation if they're 'easier to stock' and tend to stay open for business more often?

Last edited by Crosbie; 06-26-2011 at 05:46 AM..
Old 06-26-2011, 05:27 AM

Quote:
I should've used a .

It's interesting that there's a hierarchy of business types by total time-to-stock. I wonder whether there's a gameplay advantage in focusing on Food/Retail/Recreation if they're 'easier to stock' and tend to stay open for business more often?
There is an odd demand thing that happens when you don't balance the shops. From what it looks like when you have all 5 shops Demand is 100% across the board. If you add another shop type, that ones demand drops. But it goes back to 100% when you even out the shops again.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
Yeah, I was under that misconception for awhile because the first several stores in my tower were in ascending order with regards to stocking time. But now this information may help some people when trying to decide what to do with certain floors.
I too also thought that no matter the business establishment the greater the stock value and restock times until at level 14 I got the sushi bar and it has me quite busy restocking! It was at that moment that I realized it was all completely random. So yes, you might be crazed at a higher level than a lower one!

It would stink though if your first floor was one of the high ones though like the Museum or something!
Old 06-26-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
There is an odd demand thing that happens when you don't balance the shops. From what it looks like when you have all 5 shops Demand is 100% across the board. If you add another shop type, that ones demand drops. But it goes back to 100% when you even out the shops again.
What does demand even do? Does it affect the sales/time for those types of shops? Or is it just in there to add some flavor, but has no actual purpose?
Old 06-26-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
I am just saying, I think I play differently than most. I just use bux to fill my apartments, then wait for bitizens to come to them.

Besides the x2 inventory item it isn't worth the hassle of waiting for someone to move in, see if they match the dream job, then if they don't evict, repeat until they are filled.

I use dream jobs to help me decide which shop I should build next in hope the shop I build next will help be someones dream job.

I want to see how high I can make my tower and see all the different shops, and over time dream jobs will be filled.
Then I am playing completely different from most! I have 28 people at the moment and only 2 are in dream jobs - plenty are in their ideal field though. I am going for the skill rather than the job and if a dream job floor shows up, I move the person there.

But I figure the dream jobs will come as more floors appear so I wasn't really paying much attention to that at this point. But I am also not trying to rush the game either, so maybe that has something to do with my strategy (and yours I assume).

I mean it's working and I am progressing so I guess if it works for me it's a fine a strategy as any no?
Old 06-26-2011, 09:22 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Then I am playing completely different from most! I have 28 people at the moment and only 2 are in dream jobs - plenty are in their ideal field though. I am going for the skill rather than the job and if a dream job floor shows up, I move the person there.

But I figure the dream jobs will come as more floors appear so I wasn't really paying much attention to that at this point. But I am also not trying to rush the game either, so maybe that has something to do with my strategy (and yours I assume).

I mean it's working and I am progressing so I guess if it works for me it's a fine a strategy as any no?
No. It works, but its not the not ideal strategy. Before I got to my 15th floor or so I was only letting people work if their best skill was level 7 or above with the exception of one of their dream jobs were in my building and it was working okay. Then I started getting picky with my tenants - and now every one of my bitizens has a skill of 9 and almost all of my 18 floors have 3 workers and at least one worker working at their dream job. Its SUPER helpful since the workers working at their dream jobs make the restocking give two times as many things. This basically leads up to me not having to restock as much - and to me thats the best part.

Last edited by Julian Kay; 06-26-2011 at 09:29 AM..
Old 06-26-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Kay View Post
No. It works, but its not the not ideal strategy. Before I got to my 15th floor or so I was only letting people work if their best skill was level 7 or above with the exception of one of their dream jobs were in my building and it was working okay. Then I started getting picky with my tenants - and now every one of my bitizens has a skill of 9 and almost all of my 18 floors have at least one worker working at their dream job. Its SUPER helpful since the workers working at their dream jobs make the restocking give two times as many things. This basically leads up to me not having to restock as much - and to me thats the best part.
Hmmm maybe it's time some of my tenants get their eviction notices.... I hate to do that to them though. Got my eyes on the poor lady with the top rating of 5 right now....