Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 08-15-2011, 08:09 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcktlnt View Post
lol, I feel like I'm having extremely bad luck with this game.
1. Your sales at businesses are 100% unrelated to visitors. Customers are generated automatically on the business floor at a rate determined by that business category's demand (roughly, it works out to an average of about 1 every 7 seconds at 100% demand).

2. Where visitors do go is 100% random and, with the exception of VIPs or an apartment with a vacancy, do NOTHING anyhow - they don't buy anything, they don't sit down on the couch for X-Box game at a full apartment, etc.. You get the tip and they wander off to the right and disappear.

What you are stressing out on are irrelevant points you have no control over.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:28 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by countingpulses View Post
That's what I'm doing. I have:

- grouped all business types together (residential floors are built from the bottom up for me)
- changed the background color that corresponds to their business type (e.g., green = food, purple = retail, etc.)
- changed the clothes of the bitizens employed to correspond to business type (I try to get the shade closest to the different types)
- a bitizen that is at their dream job, but has a rating of less than 9, I slap a read shirt on them (hehe); when a new bitizen moves in with a 9 in a dream job I switch the lesser one out
-I'm able to complete my Waldo missions much more efficiently. The only time spent would be going through the residential floors if the bitizen is not at their respective jobs
I like to give them colored costumes based on the theme of the floor. For example I give the pharmacy bitizins white shirts and black glasses and i dress up the disco people in all black and give the mapple people all headphones. It eats up a lot of time while I wait to give elevator rides

I love this game.

I am so psyched about the new changed. Everything is more streamlined. I especially like that there is a back button on the clothes now. Does anyone know if it still charges for the clothing changes? I don't see my total lose anything when i click ok or cycle through the options. I remember it charging for each click.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:29 PM
iPad 2

Is there any way to manually save the game? Or does it just save automatically at certain points? I just started it and I am trying to get my bearings. Thanks in advance!

Dave
Old 08-15-2011, 07:54 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 2.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
1. Your sales at businesses are 100% unrelated to visitors. Customers are generated automatically on the business floor at a rate determined by that business category's demand (roughly, it works out to an average of about 1 every 7 seconds at 100% demand).

2. Where visitors do go is 100% random and, with the exception of VIPs or an apartment with a vacancy, do NOTHING anyhow - they don't buy anything, they don't sit down on the couch for X-Box game at a full apartment, etc.. You get the tip and they wander off to the right and disappear.

What you are stressing out on are irrelevant points you have no control over.
I figured out what happened. My game was constantly repeating the same events because I had not charged the ipod touch for a week. Thus causing the time and date setting to reset to something not of the current time. After fixing this, my stores actually changed from a Sushi Shop to a Diner and a Pottery place to a Photo store. And all the people are actually going to random floors.

Stupid time/date settings. And thank you for the information.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:39 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanitymops View Post
I like to give them colored costumes based on the theme of the floor. For example I give the pharmacy bitizins white shirts and black glasses and i dress up the disco people in all black and give the mapple people all headphones. It eats up a lot of time while I wait to give elevator rides

I love this game.

I am so psyched about the new changed. Everything is more streamlined. I especially like that there is a back button on the clothes now. Does anyone know if it still charges for the clothing changes? I don't see my total lose anything when i click ok or cycle through the options. I remember it charging for each click.
I thought of giving them costumes also, but thinking of all the bit coins that went toward getting the colours I wanted, I'm quite reluctant :P There are no more costs involved with clothes changes. I was so happy when I found out! I agree, the back button is genius.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:41 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in the basement View Post
Is there any way to manually save the game? Or does it just save automatically at certain points? I just started it and I am trying to get my bearings. Thanks in advance!

Dave
As far as I know, the game saves automatically every 4 hours or so? I'm not 100% sure on this, but I read it over in the main Tiny Tower thread.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:06 PM

Quick question: is there any pattern to where Bitizens reside, whether in the business or residence? I thought they remained in the business as long as it was stocked and moved to the residence when you ran out, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:23 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsn143 View Post
Quick question: is there any pattern to where Bitizens reside, whether in the business or residence? I thought they remained in the business as long as it was stocked and moved to the residence when you ran out, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
No fixed pattern overall. There *may* be individual "work ethics" (some bitizens are almost always at work, others almost always at home, but not idea if that's just how the RNG gods have treated them or if there's a hidden value for it).
Old 08-20-2011, 06:57 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 2.x

So, wondering what others would do in this situation.

You have 20+ floors and almost 125 cash saved. Which of the following would you do?
a) Buy the 125 cash upgrade to the elevator (I think it's the 4th level, it's 16 ppm)
b) Use the cash for gold
c) other

Thanks
Old 08-22-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcktlnt View Post
So, wondering what others would do in this situation.

You have 20+ floors and almost 125 cash saved. Which of the following would you do?
a) Buy the 125 cash upgrade to the elevator (I think it's the 4th level, it's 16 ppm)
b) Use the cash for gold
c) other

Thanks
I don't remember how much floors cost at 20, I am 100( and they are 1.5 mil+ now), so I would say use it for buying floors, I imagine you could get 2-4.