Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 06-23-2011, 03:15 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Don't do don't even think about doing I did the clock trick and it will wreck this game. It puts every thing to like a 5 day wait even like just the really cheap restocks 5 days.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:44 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Something I noticed and posted on the main Tiny Tower thread:

You only need a store to be staffed while you're producing an item. So while a level three item requires three staff members at the store to produce, once the item is produced you can move them to a different store and the item will remain at the store, and continue to be sold. I imagine you need to leave at least one bitizen at the store to keep it open.

So you can shuffle level 8/9 employees around. It's super helpful while you're waiting for newly built apartments to fill up, and awesome when combined with certain stores that have HUGE inventory counts, like the soda brewery (stocks 1500 level 3 items).
Old 06-23-2011, 09:15 PM

Quick question: I noticed as I went up in floors, the stores start to take longer to stock. Is that due to the store type, or is it just a function of how many floors up it is? For example, my first store was a frozen yogurt, and it takes something like 5m to stock the basic good. But if someone else didn't get a frozen yogurt until floor 10, I assume theirs would take longer. What would happen if he moved it down to floor 2? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:20 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

You can check which VIP is in the elevator (or "lift") by their looks:

Brown shirt: Deliveryman (Removes 3hrs worth of restocking time)
Yellow hardhat: Construction worker (Removes 3hrs worth of construction of new floors)
Green shirt w/ glasses: Big Spender (Buys out item from floor)
Wearing sunglasses: Celebrity (Attracts a horde of customers to the floor you take them to)

Then decide what to do with him/her without moving said VIP. Just scroll down, but don't tap on the lobby, for a peek. You can essentially keep the VIP trapped in the elevator (still trapped in my elevator, this one). It's up to you whether you want the VIP to hog your elevator or use him immediately, so this may be better for the early parts of your game.

(I'm not sure if big spenders or celebrities are coloured randomly, but all my deliverymen and construction VIPs have the same features.)

Last edited by Jengajam; 06-24-2011 at 03:43 AM..
Old 06-23-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengajam View Post
I'd like to point out that when you "Dress up" a Bitizen, one coin will be used for the makeover. It didn't really show up on screen until I realised my coin counter dropping. Beware!
The money flicks off just quietly...LOL, the dresses cost one coin for each are one-off...
Old 06-23-2011, 11:05 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
Quick question: I noticed as I went up in floors, the stores start to take longer to stock. Is that due to the store type, or is it just a function of how many floors up it is? For example, my first store was a frozen yogurt, and it takes something like 5m to stock the basic good. But if someone else didn't get a frozen yogurt until floor 10, I assume theirs would take longer. What would happen if he moved it down to floor 2? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.
Just asked eeen and he said stores stay the same after you move them.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Just asked eeen and he said stores stay the same after you move them.
Thanks for asking Midian. Hmm, that still leaves me with a few questions though. Are the stores' times determined by the floor they were originally placed on? Or the order in which they were placed? Or maybe they're predetermined right when you create a new save. Maybe I'll do some testing on a separate TT save on a different device.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:53 AM
iPhone 4

Organized some more info to add:
Dream job guys/girls do give 2x stock bonuses and that should be taken into account in selecting them over another employee with a higher skill level in the same category.
The construction time is determined by your highest floor. Every time you buy a new floor construction time increases by 30 mins. (Try to start constructions on demolished floors before adding new floors)

Can someone confirm if elevator upgrades also increase frequency/decrease delay between new people arriving?
Old 06-24-2011, 03:11 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I haven't seen a difference (besides speed difference, anyway) for the elevator passengers. I'm wondering what PPM is. Passengers per minute?
Old 06-24-2011, 04:08 AM
iPad mini

Main post updated with Advanced Strategies. Still updating, so keep adding