★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: World of Goo

11-06-2008, 01:14 PM
World of Goo

World of Goo just came out for Mac and is only $20. We should bomb these guys with emails to convince them to port it to iPhone.

There was a thread before about this and someone said they contacted them and they were considering it.

http://2dboy.com/

Edit: maybe asking nicely would be better than "bombing them with emails," but you get my point.

Last edited by NotYou; 11-06-2008 at 01:16 PM.
11-06-2008, 01:57 PM
I'd love to see a port of it to come to iPhone, it would be awesome.
11-06-2008, 02:26 PM
looks like their site is down.. i tried to investigate, and also used the download demo link from apple.com.... oh well i'll try again later

You're right, it does look fantastic!
11-06-2008, 06:12 PM
i already made a tread on this....
11-07-2008, 05:42 AM
I finally downloaded this yesterday for PC/Mac and it's surprisingly fun, if a little infuriating (selecting goo blobs can be hard even with the mouse, god knows what that's like on the Wii.) I'm not sure how well this would work on the iPhone because of the size of the screen and the sheer number of what would be tiny goo blobs but I'd definitely buy it if it did arrive. I figure it would need some type of zoom facility to really work well but these guys seem very talented so I'm sure it's something they can overcome.

What's really interesting about this is that it's an indie developer and it shows what can be done. Of course, that has to be prefaced by the fact that both of the people behind 2D Boy have previous professional game dev experience with Maxis and EA, so they're not fresh out of the block by any means but to have an idea, develop it and polish like they have done really makes me tip my hat to them.

"Arthur & Charles Present Create & Play" now available on the App Store
iTunes - Arthur & Charles Website