★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

AlexPanda HD - FREE

06-23-2011, 09:04 AM
AlexPanda HD - FREE

Seems to be a good game! I wanted to share

FL!ppY on TA
OF, Crystal : FL!ppY
Plus+ : FLippY38
GC : FL!ppY38
06-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Love this game! Got it when it was released as free, but didn't wanna pay IAP!

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3

06-23-2011, 11:20 AM
I don't see any IAp in this version LOLavi

FL!ppY on TA
06-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL!ppY View Post
I don't see any IAp in this version LOLavi
Same here, I don't see any IAP either. Thank God for that
06-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelBoy2181 View Post
Same here, I don't see any IAP either. Thank God for that
There's a free version which is full of IAP imo, but this is the HD version, universal btw, and normally @ 1.99$

FL!ppY on TA
06-24-2011, 01:41 AM
This game is definitely fun, however it is desperately in need of a vibration toggle on the options screen. On a difficult stage, the frequency of vibration every time you lose is absolutely intolerable. I have to disable vibration on the iPhone itself just to keep the game playable.

Besides that, the controls seem a bit rough to get used to--the panda feels more as if he's attached to an elastic band that you're dragging around the screen than directly to your thumb. It's probably necessary to make the game more difficult, but it feels really weird.

I'm going to hold off reviewing it on the App Store until I feel more accustomed to the controls, and possibly until it gets a vibrate toggle, but in the meantime, the game certainly looks great and appears to have a wealth of (free) content, with the capability to download extra levels free of charge being especially impressive.
06-24-2011, 03:12 AM
There WAS IAP, then they made it paid for 2.99$ and now they made it free for a while. I got it when it was released first time.

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
06-24-2011, 03:14 AM
When they made it paid(this or the non hd) they removed IAP. Before there was only first stage unlocked(with 20 levels) the IAP costed 1.59 euros which would be 1.99$. Then they made it Paid and removed nasty IAP.

06-24-2011, 06:16 AM
The touch portion of the game is a little off for me too. I tried throwing the Panda in the air and catching him on the other side and it would only work some of the time. Also, as someone else already pointed out, you never really feel like you're actually holding him. It's a decent free game but nothing to go crazy about.

*signature for rent*
06-24-2011, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecomb84 View Post
The touch portion of the game is a little off for me too. I tried throwing the Panda in the air and catching him on the other side and it would only work some of the time. Also, as someone else already pointed out, you never really feel like you're actually holding him. It's a decent free game but nothing to go crazy about.
I agree. I only played the first 4-5 levels before deleting. Your finger obscures what you're trying to do and the touch contols aren't nearly reliable enough to support the premise.