Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-06-2008, 12:46 PM

Default Flick Sports Fishing

(please excuse blatant self plug)
Just waiting for Flick Sports Fishing to appear on the App Store after it got approved last night.

In the meantime, Freeverse has some more info up on their website and we'll have a new vid up at some point to show the Wi-fi multiplayer, tournament modes and virtual aquarium.

My brother and I have been working on this for Freeverse since the Flick Sports range was announced with the iPhone launch so it'll be nice to finally see it on the App Store and get some feedback from players.

http://www.freeverse.com/games/game/?id=4567

now on the App Store

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=295314913&mt=8

Last edited by Zwilnik; 11-06-2008 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: added app store link
Old 11-06-2008, 01:00 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

"With 6 fishing locations, 9 types of bait and tackle, 12 tournaments and dozens of unique species of fish, Flick Fishing is an unrivaled fishing simulation, and just plain fun!"

Looking forward to this...hopefully even an echelon higher overall than iFishing.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:09 PM

I have a question for you- how does it compare to the other fishing apps available at the moment- especially Hooked and iFishing?
Is it more of an arcade experience compared to iFishing?

[EDIT] It's now available! 59p!!!! WOW- great price! I'm getting it.

Last edited by wastedyuthe; 11-06-2008 at 01:12 PM..
Old 11-06-2008, 01:16 PM

It's definitely more focused on gameplay and a little less on simulation, but we've put a lot of effort into making sure there's a lot of depth there in tournament and multi-player modes as well as making sure it looks and sounds right (Flick Fishing is the first game with fish that actually look alive when you catch them for instance and the focus is on your battle with the fish, which is of course the fun bit )
Old 11-06-2008, 01:20 PM

Reading the help (which is superb btw) there should be a space where there is not.
Page 4, "isgetting". Another on the next line "letthe". Yet another "decreasethe"
Old 11-06-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
Reading the help (which is superb btw) there should be a space where there is not.
Page 4, "isgetting". Another on the next line "letthe". Yet another "decreasethe"
doh. my fault. (adds to update list).

One other thing of course. It's a big game, so as usual it's a good idea for iPhone users to switch off and on again before playing if they haven't for a while.

Last edited by Zwilnik; 11-06-2008 at 01:27 PM..
Old 11-06-2008, 01:27 PM

Just got it, I'm installing a TV tuner card ATM so I will post feedback here in a bit... Looks awesome though!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 01:27 PM

Had a quick go- this seems very good so far, I like it. Definitely more of an arcade experience compared to iFishing, but fun so that's ok.
Is there a way for a fish to escape if it goes too far to the left or right as in iFishing? Can you pull the fish in either direction?
Old 11-06-2008, 01:32 PM

When the fish moves left/right it adds a small amount of extra tension to the line, so tilting to follow it helps. It's fractional compared to the fish's strength, whether it's running and whether you're reeling of course.

You'll lose the fish if you let the line reel out too far (you have longer lines in the more difficult areas) but you get a pretty long line length, so it can be worth letting the fish run a bit, reel when he pauses, hold him and generally run his strength down before trying to reel him in if you've hooked a large fish.

If you manage to catch one of the named fish btw. post it (or a link to your brag) up here as they're *very* rare
Old 11-06-2008, 01:52 PM

Any news on the update for Flick Bowling?
*one of my favorite apps to date!

/sorry for threadjacking