★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Help Larry the Leprechaun fill his pot of gold with coins!

Features:
* Retro Arcade Action Featuring Fast Gameplay and Power-ups!
* Multiple Modes of Play (Timed, Endless Dodge, and Endless Collect)!
* Random Level Generation for Ultimate Replayability!
* Fun for All Ages!

JeffreyShimane's comments:
Do you like retro games? Do you yearn for a simpler time in gaming when games didn't require 20 buttons on a controller and strategy guides as thick as an encyclopedia? Do you like DOUBLE RAINBOWS?!!! If so, have I got a game for you... Cloud Runner! Best of all, it's FREE and available now on the App Store!

I made Cloud Runner as a thank you for those who supported my first game, Pot of Gold! Please check it out and I hope you have as much fun playing it as I did making it!

- Jeff

If you liked Cloud Runner, please check out my first game, Pot of Gold:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pot-of-gold/id434803062?mt=8
06-25-2011, 03:06 AM
If you have any questions/comments/feedback about either of my games or just want to reminisce about the good ol' days of gaming, just post here. I'll be checking back here frequently. Thanks!

- Jeff

06-25-2011, 03:41 AM
I love the retro graphics and I understand it's free but if a game is based on how far you can go and get high scores it really needs online leaderboards

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!
06-25-2011, 04:02 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to orea
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyShimane View Post
If you have any questions/comments/feedback about either of my games or just want to reminisce about the good ol' days of gaming, just post here. I'll be checking back here frequently. Thanks!

- Jeff
Besides description and screenshots, I really think that it's necessary to have vids for player to have a preview, though it's free.
06-25-2011, 09:46 AM
@Howlingwolf
I agree. I'm hoping to add Game Center leaderboards in a future update.

@orea
I'll try post a gameplay video tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks to both of you for your feedback!

- Jeff
06-27-2011, 01:24 AM
As promised, here is some gameplay footage for Cloud Runner.

Youtube link | Pop Up

- Jeff
06-27-2011, 01:51 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to orea
Thank you for your video. It seems that what this endless running game differs from the others is that it can somersault in the sky. But why not make the cloud more vivid and true to nature? Anyway, I'll give it a try now.
06-27-2011, 12:35 PM
@orea
That's a really good idea about the cloud movement! For this game though, the clouds move linearly (although they are constantly speeding up at a very gradual rate) because it was meant to emulate early 8-bit games like Mario that had clouds/platforms that only moved linearly. I'll have to keep your idea in mind for future games though. Thanks for the feedback.

- Jeff
06-27-2011, 12:43 PM
I like everything about the visual style except for the somersault... it kinda breaks the retro immersion for me when you've got pixels at an angle other than 90 degrees. That's probably just me being a bit of a retro nerd though.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
06-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Looks like the appstore has alot of retro games. I like seeing the retro love iphone is getting.