★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pocket Tanks, or iShoot

04-19-2009, 09:21 AM
Pocket Tanks, or iShoot

Hi, I'm new here. Sorry if this topic was already posted, I couldn't find anything about this.

I'm wondering, iShoot or Pocket Tanks? iShoot has a weapon editor, so I'm leaning more towards iShoot (cheaper too). But, I don't know if I should buy it yet. Help me?
04-19-2009, 09:25 AM
I have iShoot, it's great and I love making weapons. However the lite version of Pocket Tanks was great so i'm waiting on a sale of some sort for that.

04-19-2009, 09:28 AM
Ishoot is really fun, especially the weapons editor.I have a lot of fun experimenting with it The soundtrack is great too and it even has an online mode!
04-19-2009, 09:29 AM
There are lite versions of each that you could try out.
04-19-2009, 09:29 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
I have both and I prefer Pocket Tanks!

iPad Pro | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6s Plus

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
04-19-2009, 09:31 AM
I've tried both lite versions, but it just doesn't give the real feel of the game.
That's why I need people that have the full game tell me why they like iShoot or Pocket Tanks better.
04-19-2009, 09:33 AM
They both have lite versions, I suggest trying those out! Best way to make up your own mind.

Having said that I have iShoot and played the free Pocket Tanks and I really enjoyed Pocket Tanks a bit more. I like that its based on points and not health, it makes things much more interesting and longer too. I think the variety in weapons is much more in depth. And yes while iShoot has a weapon editor, I dont think it can match Pocket Tanks vast array of weapons and what they do that add strategy to the game.

And I've only played the free version which only has like 20 weapons.
04-19-2009, 09:33 AM
how do you know they werent the real feel of the game cos you havent played it??

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06
04-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott30 View Post
They both have lite versions, I suggest trying those out! Best way to make up your own mind.

Having said that I have iShoot and played the free Pocket Tanks and I really enjoyed Pocket Tanks a bit more. I like that its based on points and not health, it makes things much more interesting and longer too. I think the variety in weapons is much more in depth. And yes while iShoot has a weapon editor, I dont think it can match Pocket Tanks vast array of weapons and what they do that add strategy to the game.

And I've only played the free version which only has like 20 weapons.
100% agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsh06 View Post
how do you know they werent the real feel of the game cos you havent played it??
Good point! I think the lite versions are good to check the gameplay.

iPad Pro | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6s Plus

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
04-19-2009, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walsh06 View Post
lol ya I question that line of his, Pock Tanks free version gives you plenty of feel of the game, the only thing is more weapons in full version and prob a few more options I think.

iShoot has the weapon editor which prob isnt in the lite but again the feel of the game as you say is in both lite versions so I really dont understand that statement.

I think some people just cant make up their own minds like in real life they prefer to follow the pack and not their own instincts.