★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Mangoesgames is committed to adding a new game every month to one app so that you can get multiple high quality games with no additional cost.
--------------------------------------------------------
As promised a new game is added for your fun. Road Jump is a fun filled 100 levels adventure puzzle game to keep you addicted for hours.
--------------------------------------------------------
Tongee Game Description:
Are you fond of music and are you fond of casual games ??
If you are then Tongee will make you enjoy music in a very CASUAL way.
Your objective is simple, help Tongee reach as far as possible using simple accelerometer controls and collect music notes of famous melodies to satisfy your hunger for music.

Some of the features explained:

1.While travelling a path from left to right user has to collect musical notes in order to complete a famous melody. This is kind of an achievement in the game where user can unlock various melodies in the game.
2. Anti -Gravity feature that will force the user to handle the character upside down.
3.Reverse accelerometer controls: In the game if the user takes this power up his controls will be revered to bring a nice twist in the game.

Game Features (Unique & Universal):

1) Accelerometer based game play
2) Famous Melodies Achievements
3) Anti-Gravity
4) Reverse accelerometer Controls
5) Teleporting
6) Beautiful Animations
7) Game center Achievements
06-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
wow... game looks pretty interesting... any chance there's a lite version, or a promo vid coming?

06-25-2011, 11:01 AM
Got this earlier in the week. It's basically a side scrolling Doodle Jump. As you play you collect musical notes to complete a song, such as London Bridge. Not sure what happens when you finish the song, as I've not made it that far. I would say it's fun and cute but not a must, especially if you already have another jump game.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
06-25-2011, 11:10 AM
thank you for the impressions Cygnet. =o)

I've got TONS of jumping games, my wife and kids are obsessed with em... =oP

Almost got this one too... now I'll wait n see if the kids are intrigued by the ... 2... screens... (all the more reason this needs a gameplay vid)
06-25-2011, 11:57 AM
I finally made it through a few of the songs now, though a couple have repeated so haven't always unlocked new songs. ;-)

The game is good, but a little unforgiving. If you miss a note (hit a red note by accident or hit a note further along instead of the next note), then you can't continue that song. Also if you miss the platform, you fall and must start over. I have made it through some songs, though, and for folks who are good at jumping games, this may not be as much of an issue.

It might be nice to have an "easy" mode where you are given extra lives to keep continuing to try to complete the song. i haven't come across the other platform types, yet, that are listed in Help... not sure when those show up. I did find angel wings (?) but not sure of their purpose, and a few of the obstacles. The obstacles tend to start show up once you completed a first song and are trying to get a second one in a row.

Overall, sensitivity is good, jumping works well. Cute graphics, fun idea. It definitely is more fun the more I play it, despite having to start over. ;-)

Would like to see some of the additional platforms/bonuses earlier in the game, though, along with, possibly, a bit more forgiveness via extra lives. Online high scores might be a good addition as well, especially for replay value.
06-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Yeah, more modes would be a REALLY good idea... Powerups too... Those two things, along with leaderboards would make this stick out. =o)
06-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Yeah, more modes would be a REALLY good idea... Powerups too... Those two things, along with leaderboards would make this stick out. =o)
It has Game Center with full achievements and leaderboards.

Depends what you mean by power ups. I got this earlier in the week and was a little obsessed with it for - a couple hours. But along the way there are gliders to land on that make you go further faster without jumping; an invincibility suit; stuff like that.

I got frustrated that I worked and worked and worked for the notes and it ended up being the same song over and over and over. Even when I got that song and moved to the next area for a song I got the same song. So some greater randomness in the songs would be awesome.

Otherwise it is also a little unforgiving in the movement - but that might be because I abhor tilt games. I thought this was one that would be my exception but in the end it wasn't.

So it is what it is - cute and catchy for a small bit of time - then it gets pretty monotonous considering things repeat over and over.

Edit: oh wow - I just noticed it's not your plunk down 99 cents and have a bit of fun with game; honestly, for the repetition I would honestly wait for a sale.

Last edited by New England Gamer; 06-25-2011 at 01:04 PM.
06-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
It has Game Center with full achievements and leaderboards.
So it does! I didn't see GC was under "Share". I assumed that would be facebook/twitter (which I never use in a game), and hadn't been logged into GC, so it didn't come up automatically. Unfortunately, either GC is down for me or something is going on as it is not able to load the scores.
06-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Ha, yeah I'm sorry, I came in here on my iPod through e-mail and thought this was a different game (bad blob...)

So sorry about that... I don't even have this game (yet...) so anything I said earlier can be ignored... =o/
06-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by secondtime View Post
So it does! I didn't see GC was under "Share". I assumed that would be facebook/twitter (which I never use in a game), and hadn't been logged into GC, so it didn't come up automatically. Unfortunately, either GC is down for me or something is going on as it is not able to load the scores.
I had to access them through the Game Center app actually. It was never working via the game for me either.