★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Re-downloading Promo Code Downloads?

06-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Re-downloading Promo Code Downloads?

Often (but not always) if game is downloaded with a promo code it will not let you leave a review because it was not "purchased." In these cases, can you delete and redownload without being charged for the item? ...Or will you be charged for an intial purchase if you attempt to re-download after deletion an App that was originally from a promo code? Any idea how Apple tracks this?

It seems petty and I'm glad to support for games I enjoy but every now and again I need to delete to make room but might want to re-install. Thanks in advance for any help!
06-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Send a message via ICQ to rogerchiu Send a message via MSN to rogerchiu Send a message via Skype™ to rogerchiu
1. If you download from the iTune store by redeem code, you can review it.
2. If you sync with iTune store, you can un-install and then install it again.
3. If you redeem by your iDevice, you cannot review it but you can re-download it for free.
4. If you have updated iOS, you can find "PURCHASED" in the updated area. You will see which apps you had purchased. You can click on the CLOUD to download it again.

Beta Tested: 34 apps and games.
My Blog

06-25-2011, 07:12 PM
06-26-2011, 01:43 AM
Send a message via AIM to kohjingyu
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerchiu View Post
1. If you download from the iTune store by redeem code, you can review it.
Nope
06-26-2011, 02:35 AM
I notice that there are some promo codes redeemed on iTunes can review and some are not able to review it.

GameCenter: williamsyee Twitter: @willzhw
Beta Tester profile: willzhw
Hero Emblems Skill Location Prison Life RPG Guides
06-26-2011, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohjingyu View Post
Nope
Yes you can. i did that on a several games from the promo code subforum
06-26-2011, 08:08 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
you can review a game you got with a promo code, so long as you review it within an hour of using your promo code... at least that's how it is in the US appstore... if you wait longer, you can not write a review... no matter where you used your promo code.
06-26-2011, 08:21 AM
Actually i think apple made it a few weeks ago that if you use a promo-code you cant review it.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
06-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
06-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Using icloud you can always redownload all of your purchased and redeemed apps. They are all in a nice list on your device or even in iTunes.

I was experimenting with promo code downloads at the beginning and now I have one of our free games 40 times in my icloud

You can review promo codes if you redeemed in iTunes on your PC and not on your iDevice. I don't think there is a time restriction, but I can't tell for sure.