Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-27-2011, 12:48 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdude View Post
The game was on sale for the weekend, if you want a shot at winning a free copy, we are giving away 10 promo codes this week:

http://bit.ly/gamegiveaway
Nice!

But I would't touch Facebook with a 10' pole...
Old 06-27-2011, 01:00 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
The AI is pretty hard at Captain level, I've found that Lieutenant level is easier, they don't hit as often, but once you get into close range then it's all over. There's a lot of good hints in the Tutorial, like using the Spread cannon as a first shot as it's a lot easier to hit with it, then use other weapons to nail the enemy once you have a better idea of the range/angle.

Frigates and Galleons coming in a future game, but there is actually a sci-fi version in the works now, watch for that later this year
Probably missed that tip. Thanks for telling me. Cool stuff coming, when can we expect those games? Oh and what about screen orientation?

Last edited by h0130j03; 06-27-2011 at 01:21 PM..
Old 06-27-2011, 04:11 PM

Unlikely on the screen rotation change anytime soon, with our limited resources (ie: full time jobs) we're concentrating on more content ASAP

As for the other games, can't comment yet on a schedule. It kind of all depends on how well Battle Fleet does. If we do well, we'll get more people on board to push through the next game.

Thanks for helping us spread the word on this forum, every bit of press helps.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Nice!

But I would't touch Facebook with a 10' pole...
I didn't seem to even have the choice...the URL says "Register by connecting the above widget with Facebook."

What "above widget"?

Looks promising - I like the "donate" button on their home page - is there any chance of you guys implementing an IAP tip jar asking for donations as well? I've been suggesting that to indie developers for a while, but haven't seen one actually do it.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:10 PM

Missed the sale! Too bad.

I would really love to see any game play video. It sounds on paper this is my cup of tea. Any light on this would be very much appreciated.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:22 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

bought the game yesterday evening and played for about 2-3 hours. as an old wargamer I was instantly hooked. I love battleships of the WW2 era.

the game is easy to learn, but hard to master. you have to use trial and error to assess the right power settings for your cannons, but once you played for a while you get the hang on it.

the tutorial is well done by the way, I like the robot-like voice, hehe.

as always I started on the highest difficulty setting and was destroyed 4 or 5 times in a row. hard is really(!) hard in this game, no problem with me though, I like the challenge. on medium level I won the first map after the second try.

I haven't tried multiplayer yet and I would love to play the japanese navy also, but I guess that's only a matter of time. you already mentioned that more content is on the way.

you get a very well made battleship-game for a VERY reasonably price. and if you're into WW2 ships and stuff, just buy it.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsthompson View Post
I didn't seem to even have the choice...the URL says "Register by connecting the above widget with Facebook."

What "above widget"?

Looks promising - I like the "donate" button on their home page - is there any chance of you guys implementing an IAP tip jar asking for donations as well? I've been suggesting that to indie developers for a while, but haven't seen one actually do it.
Odd that the widget doesn't show up for you. It should be a giveaway box right above the title of the post on that linked page. It is a JavaScript widget so make sure you have JS on.

Interesting suggestion with the donations. I wasn't even aware that you could have in app donations. From a few articles online, it seems that apple frowns on apps that include donations. I'll look into it further, but if anyone had any experience with this, let me know.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
I would really love to see any game play video. It sounds on paper this is my cup of tea. Any light on this would be very much appreciated.
Good point about the gameplay video, our trailer is a bit light on actual game footage. We'll try to whip one up and I'll post it here once it is ready.

Quote:
you get a very well made battleship-game for a VERY reasonably price. and if you're into WW2 ships and stuff, just buy it.
Thanks!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:06 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
but there is actually a sci-fi version in the works now, watch for that later this year
Cool, looking forward to that. That may just save me the hassle of trying to come up with a Battlefleet Gothic type game for iPad myself. Had been thinking about mechanics and how to talk my wife into programming it, haha.

Just bought this game, impressed with it so far.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Odd that the widget doesn't show up for you. It should be a giveaway box right above the title of the post on that linked page. It is a JavaScript widget so make sure you have JS on.
Yup, no widget about "Battle Fleet Giveaway!", in both Safari, Chrome, Firefox and IE8. JS enabled in all four.

Do you have a manual way of entering the promo code contest? I don't even know what it means to "connect a widget to Facebook".

Last edited by hsthompson; 06-28-2011 at 05:11 PM..