Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-28-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdude View Post
Unlikely on the screen rotation change anytime soon, with our limited resources (ie: full time jobs) we're concentrating on more content ASAP

As for the other games, can't comment yet on a schedule. It kind of all depends on how well Battle Fleet does. If we do well, we'll get more people on board to push through the next game.

Thanks for helping us spread the word on this forum, every bit of press helps.

Before I buy... Is the orientation issue that it's the wrong way round when playing with a smart cover attached? If so then I'll wait for the fix... Makes any game really awkward to play.

Jamie
Old 06-28-2011, 06:02 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
Before I buy... Is the orientation issue that it's the wrong way round when playing with a smart cover attached? If so then I'll wait for the fix... Makes any game really awkward to play.

Jamie
Ugh, I HATE that. You would think that with the popularity of smart covers that devs would make that the default orientation. Seems like a massive oversight to me. Too many games have this problem and it's VERY annoying.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:26 PM

This looks super cool! Could you compare it to a scorched earth (or worms) type of game, played from an overhead perspective?

I'm interested, but only if it doesn't get complex. I find these days that when things start getting really complicated, I just don't want to fool with them.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:28 PM

Are there aircraft carriers in this game?

I just bought the game, ... because I love games where you can command a fleet or squadron and customize your ships/planes ... but haven't been able to play it just yet.

Last edited by Tower Defender; 06-28-2011 at 06:32 PM..
Old 06-28-2011, 07:22 PM

Just bought this game yesterday - it's excellent. Gameplay is fun and it's very satisfying landing a long shot smack on the nose =)

A few pieces of constructive criticism come to mind:

1. It's way too hard to select a ship when zoomed out. I'm assuming the hitboxes for selecting them don't scale when you zoom and that's what's causing the problem. Maybe it's something else.

2. More hulls/armaments/components would add a lot to longevity.

3. It would be especially cool if you could have some sort of customization in campaign mode.

Either way, a worthy purchase. Thanks!
Old 06-28-2011, 09:31 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Bought it on a whim and I like it, but I don't think it's worth the asking price. This seems like a $.99 game to me. It suffers from a major lack of polish, sub par graphics, and at times frustrating controls. The core concept and gameplay are great, I just think it needs a lot of work.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:28 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdude View Post
Unlikely on the screen rotation change anytime soon, with our limited resources (ie: full time jobs) we're concentrating on more content ASAP

As for the other games, can't comment yet on a schedule. It kind of all depends on how well Battle Fleet does. If we do well, we'll get more people on board to push through the next game.

Thanks for helping us spread the word on this forum, every bit of press helps.
Oh well, it's just a minor inconvenience. Glad to know you guys are working on something at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimstone82 View Post
Bought it on a whim and I like it, but I don't think it's worth the asking price. This seems like a $.99 game to me. It suffers from a major lack of polish, sub par graphics, and at times frustrating controls. The core concept and gameplay are great, I just think it needs a lot of work.
Sub-par graphics... Right

Last edited by h0130j03; 06-28-2011 at 11:30 PM..
Old 06-29-2011, 12:00 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0130j03 View Post
Sub-par graphics... Right
Uh... yeah. They are pretty crummy. Just look at the tiling of the water. Sorry but this day and age I expect a little more polish from a $2.99 iOS game.

Keep in mind, I did say that the game itself is great, it just needs work.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
Jamie
Ah, I hadn't thought of that. Developed the game with an iPad 1 so didn't even consider the screen orientation to be an issue. The game is oriented so that the dock connecter is on the left hand side. Would it be better the other way around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower Defender View Post
Are there aircraft carriers in this game?
Not yet, but we are getting them ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datamestonic View Post
1. It's way too hard to select a ship when zoomed out. I'm assuming the hitboxes for selecting them don't scale when you zoom and that's what's causing the problem. Maybe it's something else.

2. More hulls/armaments/components would add a lot to longevity.

3. It would be especially cool if you could have some sort of customization in campaign mode.

Either way, a worthy purchase. Thanks!
1. Working on it.

2. Yes, will be added eventually.

3. That might not make it into this game, but will definitely be in future games. It was scrapped from this release because of complexity. Good point though!

Thanks everyone for all the feedback, it's great to see our first game getting people talking
Old 06-29-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsthompson View Post
Yup, no widget about "Battle Fleet Giveaway!", in both Safari, Chrome, Firefox and IE8. JS enabled in all four.

Do you have a manual way of entering the promo code contest? I don't even know what it means to "connect a widget to Facebook".
Hmmm, not sure why it's not working on your side. We have entries so I know that it works in general. It should also show up on any other game reviews like: http://iphonestrategygames.com/entri...european-war-2

near the top of the page, above the review title. There doesn't seem to be any way to manually enter the contest without that widget. Connecting to the widget just means clicking on the Facebook button within the widget.