★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

why do YOU jailbreak?

07-13-2012, 12:05 AM
Send a message via AIM to Pman
Emulators, tweaks ( lots and lots of tweaks), iFile, and to give wifi to iPad.

iPhone 4S 16GB - iPad 2 64GB WiFi - iPad 4 32GB WiFi + AT&T Cellular - i7 MacBook Pro late 11 - Transformer Prime TF201 32GB
Game Center - Pman3255 , OpenFeint - Pman55 , Plus+ - Pman3255
07-13-2012, 06:52 AM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF1sh View Post
I haven't jailbroken... But if I did it would be for Ifile and Idownloader.
there's a few browsers in the appstore that can do that. I know Dolphin does, and maybe Perfect Browser. It isn't quite the same as having the function right in the default safari browser, though.

i'm a pretty kitty cat

07-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinoaPF View Post
Why do I jailbreak?...
Because I have not credit card, or job, and I really like to play games on my iPod but my parents don't want to pay for them, they didn't pay the iPod I do it with the money I was saving, so I have no choice.
Seems like a poor reason. So if you dont have a job and cant afford something do you simply steal it ? If it wasnt for the likes of me and many others who actually buy the games there wouldnt be any available for you to download/steal !

I dont feel guilty playing 30 year old rom games on MAME (as i cant buy most of them, i would if i could), but i wouldnt download any recent games for free.
07-22-2012, 01:05 AM
A bunch of tweaks make me jailbreak, my dabs are:

Deck
Springtomize 2
Barrel
Graviboard
Gridlock
Dashboard X
SwipeSelection
f.lux
SBSettings
Winterboard
Theos for iOS

There's more but since I'm not currently jailbroken, I can't list them all :/.
07-22-2012, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelPower View Post
You can do that without jailbreaking, that doesnt make sense.
He probably means Theos.
07-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Seems like a poor reason. So if you dont have a job and cant afford something do you simply steal it ? If it wasnt for the likes of me and many others who actually buy the games there wouldnt be any available for you to download/steal !

I dont feel guilty playing 30 year old rom games on MAME (as i cant buy most of them, i would if i could), but i wouldnt download any recent games for free.
Sigh when will the hypocrites learn and stop trying to teach others.
07-31-2012, 01:32 AM
Send a message via MSN to Yocihope Send a message via Yahoo to Yocihope Send a message via Skype™ to Yocihope
Simply because it had too much restriction, and I disliked iTunes...
08-09-2012, 01:18 AM
Because I Pirate apps. And Music. And Paid Cydia Apps.

I don't have a job, I don't have money, and my parents aren't just going to give out their credit cards. So, I pirate. Those that can pay should pay and those that can't pay shouldn't. And when I become an adult and I have a job I'll buy the apps and cydia tweaks I've pirated, but until then, xsellize, insanelyi, and app. (trackr) are my friends.

Don't like it? I don't care.

Starbase Orion. The Best strategy game anyone has every known ever.
08-09-2012, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anctoh View Post
Because I Pirate apps. And Music. And Paid Cydia Apps.

I don't have a job, I don't have money, and my parents aren't just going to give out their credit cards. So, I pirate. Those that can pay should pay and those that can't pay shouldn't. And when I become an adult and I have a job I'll buy the apps and cydia tweaks I've pirated, but until then, xsellize, insanelyi, and app. (trackr) are my friends.

Ban hammer in 5...4...3..2..
08-09-2012, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anctoh View Post
And when I become an adult and I have a job I'll buy the apps and cydia tweaks I've pirated, but until then, xsellize, insanelyi, and app. (trackr) are my friends.

Total rubbish. Not a chance you'll buy those apps which you've pirated before, not a chance.

I'm sure you could get money with a part time job but you dont seem to care. Pathetic, hope you do get banned