★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New Touch

11-06-2008, 04:10 PM
New Touch

Just bought a 2G 16gb touch. I'm a big gamer, been playing since pong. Was hoping for some help with the "must have" games. Thanks.
11-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by hfdpro View Post
Just bought a 2G 16gb touch. I'm a big gamer, been playing since pong. Was hoping for some help with the "must have" games. Thanks.
Do a SEARCH my friend. Seems like we get a post about which games to get about every 12 hrs or so...

11-06-2008, 04:49 PM

There are way too many to name, I suggest not buying 9.99 dollar games yet, there are better games for less money.

try cube runner, its pretty fun also moto chaser and GTS world racing are nice although I would wait for a price drop on the later.
11-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Congrats on the new device! Ithink you've come to the right place. There are several topics about favorite games and about disappointments, I recommend you take an hour and look through them.

Good games, as far as I'm concerned: galcon, enigmo, subway shuffle, super monkey ball (mixed opinions about this one though), sp!n, and topple.

But wait until you get more replies.

For now, download Trace, jellycar, toy bot free, tap tap revenge and aurora feint, which are all free. These should get you started while you research for paid games.

11-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Do a search under the "search" tab and youll find a bunch of friends about favorite and best games, good luck.

"Insert generic signature here"
11-06-2008, 05:00 PM
You could get my game it's free. It may sound biased but I have lots of wallpapers and I find I play it more than any other game. Congrats on the purchase it's an awsome device. I need to get the new one so I can stop using the headphones.

kwigbo.com - iPhone dev blog with code snippets and more.
iReviewFail.com Funny reviews from the iOS App Store
11-06-2008, 05:56 PM
You might also check out this thread: Where to find more iphone game reviews. I like to read as many reviews as possible before buying.
11-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Thanks everyone for the quick replies. With so many new games coming out almost daily I wanted the up to the minute opinion on the best games. Will check out the games suggested.

11-06-2008, 06:50 PM
I personally suggest Galcon ($4.99 and worth it), its a super simplified RTS and tons of fun especially in multilayer, even better if you have friends with iPhones/touches to play LAN games. I play Galcon more than any other iPhone game I bought

FieldRunners ($4.99) - must buy if you into Tower Defense, high production values all around and lots of fun

Spin ($4.99) spin 3D objects to match different silhouettes. Not everyone's cup of tea but I really like it.

MotionX Poker ($1.99) I'm biased because I worked on it. It is good though, addicting poker-dice game with awesome graphics.