★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: 30 and Dirty v1.2.1 coming soon. Will be 99 cents when its out

04-19-2009, 01:14 PM
30 and Dirty now 99 cents. v1.2.1 coming soon.

I put the final touches on 30 and Dirty 1.2.1 yesterday. Just waiting for a contract to come in and then I will submit it to Apple. Here's a summary of changes:

- several bug fixes
- Geocade leaderboard support added. Submit your high scores online and compare with other players locally or globally.
- Facebook Connect support added. 30 and Dirty will automatically post high score feeds and shame feeds on your Facebook.
- more shames
- Bomba! mode added. Try to survive against a hoarde of bombs.... without shooting.
- if you have a high enough shamerscore, Peetre will fight topless
- new song added
- Settings screen moved inside the game (can still be accessed from the Home screen though)
- allow users to choose music to play when selecting game
- made several small gameplay tweaks (smaller player hitbox, takes less force to shake off leeches, etc.)

And to help get the leaderboards moving, I have priced the game at 99 cents. There is an option in the game to submit scores to Geocade from the High Score menu, so you will be able to upload your old scores to the leaderboard. That means you won't have to play through the game again to submit a high score.

Me, real life Kurtis, and real life Peetre will be posting our scores on the leaderboard if you'd like to try to compete with us. Our leaderboard names will be dirtydon69, dirtyKurt, and dirtypeetre.

Currently working on NOTHING.

Last edited by tsunami0ne; 04-26-2009 at 01:04 PM. Reason: 30 and Dirty is 99 cents NOW
04-19-2009, 01:32 PM
been waiting for this sale.

04-19-2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

I'll definitely buy this one.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
04-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Are you still gonna add a story mode?
04-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimson. View Post
Are you still gonna add a story mode?
Due to low sales, the fact that my license will be up in a few months, and the amount of effort required, I don't think I'll be able to. I will however, add about one more thing along with the game ending in the next update.

04-19-2009, 06:33 PM
I will miss the sweat stains if he has no shirt on.
04-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunami0ne View Post
Due to low sales, the fact that my license will be up in a few months, and the amount of effort required, I don't think I'll be able to. I will however, add about one more thing along with the game ending in the next update.
Aww that sucks. I really liked the game and was looking forward to a story.
04-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimson. View Post
Aww that sucks. I really liked the game and was looking forward to a story.
Well, if things fall into place (and they usually don't), you'll get a more in-depth Peetre story in the next iPhone game that we are planning. 30 and Dirty is supposed to be part 1 of the Man-Children trilogy.

Part 2 is an interactive story and has yet to be named. It will feature Kurtis as the main character and serve to flesh out the story about the Man-Children. I'm not really sure it will actually end up as a game, but maybe more like an animated comic. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, as this "game" will unlikely be finished in time.

Quote:
I will miss the sweat stains if he has no shirt on.
You'll have to be satisfied trading that for large nipples.

04-19-2009, 09:23 PM
How did I not hear about this game? It looks brilliant! I'll be sure to buy it when the update comes man. Don't give up!

Content Writer for www.vgchartz.com
04-20-2009, 02:27 AM
Hah, I bought it a minute ago without realizing that you said that the update would be at 0.99

Ah well, what's done is done Hope you don't give up man, I hope you include a storyline in the next-next update. I'll be the Editor at AppGamer.net soon and I'll be sure to give this game more exposure!

Look out for a review of the update, I'll also be reviewing Ignite (another indie developed game)

Loving it so far, congrats!

EDIT: You should get a donation site going, I'll be glad to help you out with money +artwork

Content Writer for www.vgchartz.com

Last edited by jFND; 04-20-2009 at 02:37 AM.