★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Burn The City T-Shirts: http://www.zazzle.com/burnthecity

Kotaku's "Gaming App of the Day" for Oct 25, 2011!!
One of Knuckle Up's mobile games of the week on G4tv for Oct 30, 2011!!
Featured in "Hot New Games" on Kongregate.com!

It's time to "BURN THE CITY"!

You think you'd like to "BURN THE CITY"? Well you're in luck! Wanton destruction is easier than ever. Just touch, drag and release. You'll soon be launching endless fiery monster action all up in that "CITY".

It's that easy.

Burn The City features:
Destructive, explosive physics puzzle action like you've never seen!
An adorable character bent on the extermination of mankind!
Burn the human cities with monster fire!
Topple the human cities with boulders!
Deliver TNT payloads into the human cities from conveniently located cranes!
Watch as the human cities fly apart from your ferocity!
Look, if you see a human city, KILL IT WITH FIRE!
...and then eat their YUMS to unleash devastating attacks!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

06-28-2011, 09:08 AM
Looks great. Waiting for some reviews.

FL!ppY on TA
OF, Crystal : FL!ppY
Plus+ : FLippY38
GC : FL!ppY38

06-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Out of all the Tuesday releases this is the best looking one. Might get depending on people's opinions.

Bring on Wednesday and all it's glory!

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
06-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Definitely picking this up!

I review apps on my YouTube channel! If you would like me to review your app then message me! CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF GAMES I'VE BETA TESTED
06-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Wow...this looks awesome.
06-28-2011, 09:30 AM
This looks very entertaining. Will probably be picking this up tonight when it hits the US store.
06-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Yep instant buy from me

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!
06-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Android impressions

I've played the trial version on android and it is pretty good. Not much in game play other than destroying the buildings. There is no limited fireballs so no need to worry, just destroy the buildings. The puzzle elements are pretty good, what i seen in the trial. To enhance the destruction, there are nuclear reactors, wrecking balls, and othe things to help destroy the buildings. I am definitely picking this up, the price is worth it. Hope this helps a little.
06-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Looks like a cross between Angry Birds and Godzilla!

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
06-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Just been playing this, and it is pretty straightforward so far. The idea is to destroy all of the buildings in each stage, and to do this you get a standard fireball, breath powerup (super, "grenade", no-arc sniper, etc.), wrecking balls, nuclear reactors, weak platforms, bouncy surfaces, and more. Aiming at weak points on exposed buildings makes them collapse faster.

Scoring is based on how much time you took to finish the level, how much damage your fireballs did, how much collateral damage there was, and how much damage was done by explosions (TNT, reactors, etc.). There are bronze, silver and gold medals to earn for each stage depending on your score, so there's a bit of replay value.

The downside is that it has taken me only about half an hour to clear most of the 45 stages to silver or gold, and right now there is only one chapter, "Night", but there is a chapter two noted in the selection screen as "Coming Soon".

The overall feel is like a somewhat less finicky Angry Birds, with more charm than most in the genre; causing a rolling boulder to crash through a mazelike underground city, knocking down skyscrapers and detonating nuclear reactors is also rather more satisfying than most clears in AB.

Last edited by Appletini; 06-28-2011 at 10:43 AM.