★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Cavorite is an original and genre-crossing adventure game, appealing to fans of puzzlers and platformers alike.

"One of the Ten Best Platformers on iPhone! A wicked smart, 16-bit puzzler."
- PocketGamer.co.uk

"A fun, jumpy puzzler."
- Appolicious.com

"This platform-puzzle combo game is loads of fun."
- AppAdvice.com

"If you're itching for a neat little platformer then look no further!"
- PocketFullofMB.com

Dr. Cavor is trapped inside the moon! Held captive by the mysterious Selenites, Dr. Cavor endeavors to escape to the surface and from there to Earth! But first he must match wits with the dwellers of the lunar underworld, whose catacombs are complex and deadly! Dr. Cavor has but two tools at his disposal: his unique genius and his prize invention, the anti-gravity spray 'Cavorite'.

+ 63 mind-bending levels
+ 3 unique worlds and boss battles
+ Over 60 Game Center achievements
+ Universal iPad/iPhone support
+ Retro 16-bit era graphics

He must match wits with the Selenites. He must avoid perils. He must battle monsters. And above all, he must escape the moon!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

06-28-2011, 09:45 AM
I've already played this one so please trust me when I say that it is absolutely brilliant!!

I'll post some proper impressions a bit later, but it's worth every penny of it's $1.99/1.19 asking price - highly recommended.

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja

06-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Potticary View Post
I've already played this one so please trust me when I say that it is absolutely brilliant!!
I'm always a sucker for detailed pixel art, and the steampunk aesthetics look fantastic. The likelihood of me picking this up is getting higher and higher.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
06-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
06-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Hell yes!!! Looks FANTASTIC!!!
Trust me, it is fantastic!

It's kinda like a 16-bit Karoshi, only streampunk....and better!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
06-28-2011, 10:13 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
woohoo!!! I LOVED Karoshi!! Gonna have to get this one! =oD
06-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Looks mediocre.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
06-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Looks mediocre.
Woah!? In a good way or bad? This game rocks!

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
06-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Pass me some mediocre! I'll buy! Been waiting for this for awhile!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
06-28-2011, 11:20 AM
I definitely like the look of it. I am curious as to the mention of "puzzler fans". Could someone advise how linear this is? Are the platforms very layered and horizontal or are the levels very straight forward?