★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Tilt to Fly!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doBfDDV8smo

*English*

Fat bird Ola is facing unprecedented dangers!

Countless red birds emerging from nowhere with killing intent are attacking Ola.

Ola of course can not sit still. In addition to dodging red birds' attack, Ola can take the initiative to fight back with the weapons in the "Orbs".

You can simply tilt your device to control the flght of Ola. Guide Ola well, her life is in your hands!

Features:
0. Super fun game play!
1. Many powerful weapons.
2. Simple rules that everyone can grasp and enjoy.
3. The control is simple: just tilting! (or dragging)
4. Leaderboard support.
5. Ola is fat, doesn't she looks delicious? (Just kidding :P)
6. Unique boss fight.

(Ola is female light-vented bulbul, 2 years old.)

facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/%E6%B0%B4%E6%98%9F%E9%96%8B%E7%99%BC/135782133112275

twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/JianJixing

*Chinese*

!

,,,
,,!

,,
!!

:
0.
1.
2. ,
3. ,
4. ,
5. ,
6.

jixing's comments:


Our latest title: Tilt to Fly just released

you can take a look at a short gameplay video:


Youtube link | Pop Up
06-28-2011, 08:19 PM
#2
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,917
You obviously have some ability. Why not use that to develop a more....unique concept?

Then you need to dip your fingers in some mayo and smear it all over your iDevice screen for greater REALISM!
--Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan

06-28-2011, 08:38 PM
#3
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Alienville
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
You obviously have some ability. Why not use that to develop a more....unique concept?
Wish i had the ability/knowledge to make ios games.. i have some great concepts/ideas
06-28-2011, 08:59 PM
#4
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
You obviously have some ability. Why not use that to develop a more....unique concept?
Well, do you think angry birds is a unique concept? These days it is very difficult to create something really unique, maybe someday I can think of something that is as unique as Braid, but not now. So we strive to develop apps that is fun to play be it unique or not. And this one I really love to play myself.
06-28-2011, 09:02 PM
#5
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Alienville
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
You obviously have some ability. Why not use that to develop a more....unique concept?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jixing View Post
Well, do you think angry birds is a unique concept? These days it is very difficult to create something really unique, maybe someday I can think of something that is as unique as Braid, but not now. So we strive to develop apps that is fun to play be it unique or not. And this one I really love to play myself.
I agree, Anything that refreshes an old concept and is fun to play, Bring on the Games
06-28-2011, 09:16 PM
#6
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Neverland
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by jixing View Post
Well, do you think angry birds is a unique concept? These days it is very difficult to create something really unique, maybe someday I can think of something that is as unique as Braid, but not now. So we strive to develop apps that is fun to play be it unique or not. And this one I really love to play myself.
It's really hard to make a living in app store, so I can understand.

Things change, roll with punches. But I know, all is gonna come together.
06-28-2011, 10:24 PM
#7
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,778
While it has some decent production values, it really is just somewhat simplified clone of TtL (not all of the weapons, only one mode, and only a handful of pretty standard achievements). Making the bad guys birds as opposed to dots is cute but I found it kind of weak that all of the orbs were ripped directly from TtL, I think I was hoping they might have tried some original stuff here. There is something about turning into a firebird I haven't figured out yet.

3/5 (not bad just not seeing enough original twists to make it wortwhile).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-28-2011, 10:45 PM
#8
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 109
The basic 4 type of orbs are very similar to Tilt to Live. The phantom orb and fire bird is our own ideas. I admit the content is still not as plentiful as Tilt to Live, that's why it is priced 0.99 USD but not 4.99 USD.

I am still try to figure out how to implement the next coming soon one XD, one you can't find anything similar in tilt to live(at least for now)

Though only 3 stars, I thank you for your support. Maybe after you unlock fire bird mode, you will want to raise it to 4 or even 5 stars.


Edit:
You are the number 1 buyer, thank you.

Last edited by jixing; 06-28-2011 at 10:52 PM.
06-28-2011, 11:55 PM
#9
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by jixing View Post
Well, do you think angry birds is a unique concept? These days it is very difficult to create something really unique, maybe someday I can think of something that is as unique as Braid, but not now. So we strive to develop apps that is fun to play be it unique or not. And this one I really love to play myself.
It isn't necessarily the concept. Blizzard Entertainment is masterful at taking an existing idea and polishing it until it gleams. I may be wrong, but what little I've seen makes this look almost more like a reskinning than a re-imagining, right down to the name. If I am mistaken on that point, then my apologies. I haven't played it, this is merely an impression based on the content of the post and video.

Here are a couple of examples of games that took existing concepts and are doing something very similar, but that look to improve on the formula in some way. There are plenty of others.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=98913
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=97280

Then you need to dip your fingers in some mayo and smear it all over your iDevice screen for greater REALISM!
--Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan

Last edited by Misguided; 06-29-2011 at 12:03 AM.
06-29-2011, 01:21 AM
#10
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
It isn't necessarily the concept. Blizzard Entertainment is masterful at taking an existing idea and polishing it until it gleams. I may be wrong, but what little I've seen makes this look almost more like a reskinning than a re-imagining, right down to the name. If I am mistaken on that point, then my apologies. I haven't played it, this is merely an impression based on the content of the post and video.

Here are a couple of examples of games that took existing concepts and are doing something very similar, but that look to improve on the formula in some way. There are plenty of others.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=98913
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=97280
I am sorry you don't like it. No problem. I think player will make their own judgement once they played it for some time.

For the name, it is named Tilt to Fly not because so you can easily tell it is a clone or something, but because it fit very well. Fly speed (look at right-top corner) do play an important role once fire bird mode is unlocked. This I will leave the player to figure out.