Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Developer
iPad, OS 3.x

Coolness!!

Check out this great 9/5 out of 10 review of Cargo Runners from Board Game Muse — They LOVE the game! (just one comment about AI which of course everyone knows we are currently solving).

Enjoy!

— Jeff

Last edited by fargoal; 07-03-2011 at 03:45 PM..
Old 07-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Developer
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
No reason to apologize and thanks for the offer I already have and like Wizard Hex.

I realized it must have passed not understood. Yes the game is nice. I mean the concept, the the rules. I played by myself and my wife. It is the interface that kills it for me. I mean, I could even live without AI for a while if I could have a less frustrating interface.

I wish you the best of luck.
Thanks for your well-wishes! We will continue to improve it and hope that you will keep it on your iPad so you will see how it evolves with the additions of AI and other goodies!!

Jeff
Old 07-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Developer
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravadoWaffle View Post
It's hard to explain in words but... The actual game board rotates so that the player who's turn it is sees everything the right way up, and it remembers which way you rotated the board for which player so when it's his turn again it automatically adjusts itself. That makes it possible to pass the iPad back and forth if you happen to be playing on the couch with your spouse.
BravadoWaffle,

Thanks for the excellent (and honest) review on the iTunes App Store. It always helps when someone actually tries something and then posts the positives and the negatives rather than just saying, "No AI? One star!! No soup for you!"

Your comments give me the idea that, in a future update, we may be able to look at having a setting that allows for user-preferred board spinning options. We can't promise anything specific right now, but certainly we will look into it!

Jeff
Old 07-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Developer
iPad, OS 3.x

Default Speaking of Wizard Hex...

Speaking of Wizard Hex, I wanted you all to know that the 1.3 version of the game is currently "waiting for review" by Apple! So Online Multiplayer and Voice Chat are soon coming with that game! It is sooo fun to play with other people and chat at the same time. We've been doing it for several weeks now and it works great!

Jeff
Old 07-03-2011, 11:08 PM

Default Price dropped!

To US$4.99 till Thursday.

But I still need that gorram video to decide...
Old 07-04-2011, 01:11 AM
Developer
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
To US$4.99 till Thursday.

But I still need that gorram video to decide...
Workin' on finishing the video tonight! I'll post here when done...

Jeff
Old 07-04-2011, 02:14 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargoal View Post
First of all, not rotating the contracts is very intentional. Of course we tried it the other way, but it actually then bares no relationship to the position or orientation to the actual contracts on the board. Right now when you press the Captains not only do the contracts face the same way as the board but they are in the same order as when viewed. Once we confirmed this (by doing it) we quickly went back to what we know works. Besides, the contracts are easily read upside down because you are primarily looking at the colors on a ship anyway. And clearly we have flipped all the pertinent dialogue box popups so each player can read them easily!
Hi Jeff,

I have played your game a couple of times yesterday and I have to say that the non-rotating contract box annoyed me as well. The funny thing is that only by reading your explanation have I found out that the intended orientation is supposed to correlate with the contracts on the board... I honestly think that this is not necessary and will be gladly traded in by anyone playing the game. I found myself using this feature quite often, only to turn the iPad upside down. Maybe it is possible to put this up as a rotation option?

Also, I tried to play a two player online game last night. The board set up and I selected my home port, however the other person, if there ever was one, never showed up. I was able to play through the game all by myself. At the end, (of course I won!) there was only a score for myself. I'm pretty sure the server is supposed to abort the game if the other person quits or if it doesn't find another person to play with, right?

Additionally, could you please answer my question about the 1st generation iPads? Does the game run smoothly on those?

Have a nice day...
Old 07-04-2011, 03:29 AM
Developer
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terpentine Cat View Post
Hi Jeff,

I have played your game a couple of times yesterday and I have to say that the non-rotating contract box annoyed me as well. The funny thing is that only by reading your explanation have I found out that the intended orientation is supposed to correlate with the contracts on the board... I honestly think that this is not necessary and will be gladly traded in by anyone playing the game. I found myself using this feature quite often, only to turn the iPad upside down. Maybe it is possible to put this up as a rotation option?

Also, I tried to play a two player online game last night. The board set up and I selected my home port, however the other person, if there ever was one, never showed up. I was able to play through the game all by myself. At the end, (of course I won!) there was only a score for myself. I'm pretty sure the server is supposed to abort the game if the other person quits or if it doesn't find another person to play with, right?

Additionally, could you please answer my question about the 1st generation iPads? Does the game run smoothly on those?

Have a nice day...
Hey Turpentine Cat,

I have a first-gen iPad *only* and it works great on that! Regarding the rotation issue, certainly it is an *extremely* easy option for an upcoming version (rotation in general), so we'd be glad to look at appealing to more people and giving them just that option!

In the mean time, please pardon us, but since we are SUCH a small company, we will probably concentrate on what is much more important in our eyes in solving the AI issue. So the change to the rotation may come a few versions down the line. But rest-assured, since we've now heard the concern a couple of times we will take it very seriously and put it on the list!

Jeff
Old 07-04-2011, 12:50 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Thanks for answering my question, Jeff

Left a favorable review for you guys at the austrian iTunes Store.

Take care,

Claus
Old 07-04-2011, 01:58 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

I have 2 questions:
Is this game playable if one of the players isn't good at reading English?
Is this game really fun with 2 or 3 players? I find that many boardgames that advertise to be for 2-4 players really work best with 4.