Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-19-2012, 02:43 AM
Developer
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyperion View Post
Fargoal, can we please have an update on solo play? I have had your game for over a year and I am yet to be able to play a single game on it! Please provide a clear indication as to when your much promised solo play, in development since at least feb 2012, will be available.

Thank you for your response.
Thanks skyperion,

We have active coding going on with Solo Play (as well as turn-by-turn). No specific release date is yet set, but we are working with our coder for weekly updated betas for testing.

You may also contact me directly at our troublebrothers.com website contract page if you would like to correspond directly about the progress on the update.

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

Jeff
Old 10-19-2012, 07:45 AM

Jeff,

Thank you for the quick response, it is very much appreciated. I am certainly looking forward to being able to play the game.

Ralph
Old 10-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Developer
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyperion View Post
Jeff,

Thank you for the quick response, it is very much appreciated. I am certainly looking forward to being able to play the game.

Ralph
You are welcome! We will be sure and post here when we have more news…

— Jeff
Old 01-12-2013, 03:41 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Any updates on solo play for Cargo Runners?
Old 01-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Developer
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
Any updates on solo play for Cargo Runners?
Thanks for your inquiry. There is not a specific release date, but we have made progress on the coding and are expecting to do some staged updates, most-likely in the following order:

1. We are working hard to introduce an iPhone 5 (and iPhone 4) "Universal" update so you can play with other people between iPhone and iPad. This will be a free update, and it will be a critical improvement by increasing the online play community to a much broader market!

In that update we've also improved the interface by making the buttons bigger, and keeping them on one side of the device instead of flipped (we'd always assumed that people would play the game around a table, but that's turning out not to be the case so much.

2. Then we will do a turn-by-turn update with Voice Chat!

3. Finally we will release the Solo Play edition.

By doing these as staged releases we feel we can manage the task of bringing the updates to Cargo Runners owners as soon as we are able to. We know it has taken us much longer than expected, and we are sorry that's been the case. But we can assure you that it's not been for a lack of trying.

At this stage much of the graphics and design are done and the coding needed is well underway.

Thank you again for your question, and for your continued interest in the game!

Sincerely,

Jeff McCord
Old 08-06-2013, 04:58 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

So when is the solo play edition coming out?
Old 08-06-2013, 05:12 AM
Developer
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by biokid View Post
So when is the solo play edition coming out?
biokid,

Though we still don't have a specific date, we continue to be working on both solo play and a couple of other significant aspects of Cargo Runners that we hope to announce relatively soon. Feel-free to contact us through troublebrothers.com contact page so we can be sure to alert you directly when we have more information (which we will post here as well).

Thanks for checking in on Cargo Runners.

Sincerely,

Jeff McCord
Old 08-06-2013, 09:30 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

These copy and paste responses are very troubling. I don't know your sales figures but I would be willing to bet they are way lower than hoped because of the lack of ai. The game looks great but I've been unwilling to buy it for that reason. What is your incentive to provide an ai? Your wasting time on voice chat, I don't think I've ever played a game where I thought about using it. Sorry to be blunt I'm not trying to be a smartass. I am just finding it very hard to believe your constantly working on a game released ages ago that few people know anything about.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:27 AM
Developer
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyB View Post
These copy and paste responses are very troubling. I don't know your sales figures but I would be willing to bet they are way lower than hoped because of the lack of ai. The game looks great but I've been unwilling to buy it for that reason. What is your incentive to provide an ai? Your wasting time on voice chat, I don't think I've ever played a game where I thought about using it. Sorry to be blunt I'm not trying to be a smartass. I am just finding it very hard to believe your constantly working on a game released ages ago that few people know anything about.
Hey CoreyB,

No copy-and-paste going in here. It's just the reality of us not knowing when we will be able to be done. We are happy for those who have discovered our game and enjoy playing it, and we understand the other features that players typically want to see. Our situation is that we are a small but dedicated company and our pace is often slowed simply by the fact that we are juggling shared responsibilities between art direction, design, coordination with our coders, and support of our games.

I'd like to think that as time progresses we will slowly be able to build up our ability to accomplish our goals more quickly. We learn *tons* from every game we design and every project we work on, and we get a little bit better with each thing we do.

Sorry we haven't been able to achieve some of the noble goals that we agree with you are great ones to aspire to. Sometimes we simply need to pick our battles and try to achieve small victories in every way we can!

Cheers,

Jeff McCord
Old 08-07-2013, 03:18 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

That good to hear, I've been checking on this game regularly, waiting for an ai. I love board games and came very close to buying it in the past but the reports of people finding it hard to get a multiplayer game going forced my hand. If I'm going to buy a game I can only play against someone I'm in the same room with ill buy a "real" board game. Good luck with the ai, I'm sure it's the most difficult job in making a game.