Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #13471  
Old 02-02-2012, 01:57 PM
squall2002 squall2002 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
Exactly! I've been saying that so much I've practically been preaching it.

He's very effective when played aggressively.
Why would you zone and play keep-away with somebody that can throw two airborne fireballs and dive at opponents in four different ways?
Quote:
Originally Posted by iVoloster
Akuma is meant to be played as a high stakes rush down character with a ton of mix up options unfortunately most of the volt online community plays him as a zoning character
.



The best Akuma I have seen play elusively, like snakes, he comes in bite you, he comes out, he comes in bite you again, he comes out, he will attack you in all different angles and moves, but he will never stay in your face to let you catch him. I think this is ultimately how akuma should be played.

even though akuma has high damage output moves, but because of the tiny little HP he has, he cannot trade punches with anybody, if you play too aggressively, you will eventually get caught. the more moves you make, the more vulnerable you become. Rush down type of play only works on player who has less skills than you. I hate to say it, but consider two equal skilled players, rush down with akuma = sucide.
Reply With Quote
  #13472  
Old 02-02-2012, 02:01 PM
mooken mooken is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall2002 View Post
.



The best Akuma I have seen play elusively, like snakes, he comes in bite you, he comes out, he comes in bite you again, he comes out, he will attack you in all different angles and moves, but he will never stay in your face to let you catch him. I think this is ultimately how akuma should be played.

even though akuma has high damage output moves, but because of the tiny little HP he has, he cannot trade punches with anybody, if you play too aggressively, you will eventually get caught. the more moves you make, the more vulnerable you become. Rush down type of play only works on player who has less skills than you. I hate to say it, but consider to equal skilled players, rush down with akuma = sucide.
I've definitely found the same to be true of C.Viper (also like a snake .. ?). Sustained, continuous pressure (and predictable pressure) will eventually be countered, even with errant random uppercuts or ultras.
Reply With Quote
  #13473  
Old 02-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Apprunner Apprunner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall2002 View Post
.



The best Akuma I have seen play elusively, like snakes, he comes in bite you, he comes out, he comes in bite you again, he comes out, he will attack you in all different angles and moves, but he will never stay in your face to let you catch him. I think this is ultimately how akuma should be played.

even though akuma has high damage output moves, but because of the tiny little HP he has, he cannot trade punches with anybody, if you play too aggressively, you will eventually get caught. the more moves you make, the more vulnerable you become. Rush down type of play only works on player who has less skills than you. I hate to say it, but consider two equal skilled players, rush down with akuma = sucide.
Squall. Glad you made a run during the "good match" tourney to get the bonus points. Now TP is hard to come by. I've literally played 300 matches this week but we need to keep it up. The Clan is actually catching us!
Reply With Quote
  #13474  
Old 02-02-2012, 02:04 PM
squall2002 squall2002 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
Exactly! I've been saying that so much I've practically been preaching it.

He's very effective when played aggressively.
Why would you zone and play keep-away with somebody that can throw two airborne fireballs and dive at opponents in four different ways?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apprunner View Post
Squall. Glad you made a run during the "good match" tourney to get the bonus points. Now TP is hard to come by. I've literally played 300 matches this week but we need to keep it up. The Clan is actually catching us!
I think we have a solid 400 TP lead right now, we should be good if we just keep playing. even as mighty as Police Vietnam is, he can't get 400 wins in a single day, can he?
Reply With Quote
  #13475  
Old 02-02-2012, 02:06 PM
0-FeliX-0 0-FeliX-0 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,573
Default

Akuma's that St. K - Goshoryuken sort of annoy me. Because, for example, they do that if they stun me or Focus Attack me, when they could do St. P - Tatsu - Goshoryuken. It's downright crazy.
Reply With Quote
  #13476  
Old 02-02-2012, 02:12 PM
NotYou NotYou is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall2002 View Post
.



The best Akuma I have seen play elusively, like snakes, he comes in bite you, he comes out, he comes in bite you again, he comes out, he will attack you in all different angles and moves, but he will never stay in your face to let you catch him. I think this is ultimately how akuma should be played.
That's pretty much what I do. After I knock them down, I back off a little, usually with a jump/fireball to keep them at bay. Then I wait for them to attack or block and come at them again accordingly. If you do it right they tend to freak out and start getting defensive.

He can dive at opponents in so many ways it makes it hard for them to keep up. You just have to be smart about it.

Last edited by NotYou; 02-02-2012 at 02:15 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #13477  
Old 02-02-2012, 02:15 PM
HEIF_37 HEIF_37 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apprunner View Post
I have no doubt you can. All of the TA players are very good.
Hey Apprunner, good fights.

I don't have trouble with most Cammy matchups, but your Cammy against my bison is just impossible... I can not do it.

Zangief was the trick up my sleeve, as I expected... much easier match up =D
Reply With Quote
  #13478  
Old 02-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Apprunner Apprunner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,220
Default

GG Heif. Geif is a tough matchup for me. I'm like 50% against him even against mid level players BTW, out of 30 Bison matches in the last 3 days, I'm 30-0
Reply With Quote
  #13479  
Old 02-02-2012, 02:16 PM
HEIF_37 HEIF_37 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEIF_37 View Post
Hey Apprunner, good fights.

I don't have trouble with most Cammy matchups, but your Cammy against my bison is just impossible... I can not do it.

Zangief was the trick up my sleeve, as I expected... much easier match up =D
sorry for only going two sets, I am 2 minutes late to my meeting now haha
Reply With Quote
  #13480  
Old 02-02-2012, 02:17 PM
HEIF_37 HEIF_37 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apprunner View Post
GG Heif. Geif is a tough matchup for me. I'm like 50% against him even against mid level players BTW, out of 30 Bison matches in the last 3 days, I'm 30-0
I fought a cammy using geif the other day and it amazed me how much easier the match up is then with bison ha
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent