Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-25-2012, 02:51 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenOnez View Post
It's the multiplayer aspect of the game that makes this thread as big as it is, in my opinion. Just like you and MC3, we like to discuss various things about the game as well, such as the players we play against, new techniques we've learned, etc. We just like to talk about a game that we enjoy.

I don't see you as a troll or anything, but you have to understand that this is a game we enjoy and saying things such as "I don't see what makes this so popular" and "I played Street Fighter and just mashed buttons" is not going to go well in this thread. If I come into the MC3 thread and say "I don't see why this is so popular. All you guys are doing is running around and holding down a button to fire at each other" I'd get eaten alive. Yeah, it would be my opinion, but I'm minimizing the game. I'm making it seem like it's just a simple "Run, Shoot, Die, Respawn" game when there is more to it than that for you and MC3 players.

You see it as mashing buttons, but there's more to it than that for us. You have a Punch, Kick, Focus, and SP button, but you have to understand your character to maximize your chances to win. You have to know what move works best in what situation. If you go in mashing buttons against someone that knows what they're doing, you're not going to have a good time. Think of it as you playing MC3, and customizing your layout. You know the strengths and weaknesses of your weapons and how you prefer to play and you customize the weapons you use to better your chances of winning. When you play different game types, if you don't know the best way to win, you're not going to have fun. If you don't know the map well, you're going to get destroyed by someone that does. Like Street Fighter, if you don't know your opponent, or at least your opponent's character, well you're not going to have fun and get destroyed.

The game itself is easy to play, but it's fun to master characters, like MC3 with a person just running around and shooting at first and then mastering their equipment. You find a character you like, and you may mash at first, but then you start learning more about what your character can do and try to apply them. Instead of just mashing like you used to, you start learning your character's moves and learning how to combine those moves to be more effective in a match. You used to mash uppercuts with a character like Ryu, but now you try punching your opponent first and then doing your uppercut for more damage. Then you take that and combine the punch into the uppercut, then canceling that into his ultra to do a large amount of damage. You become more experienced and learn more about your weapon, your character. Like MC3, a game I don't have, I may go into a mp game starting with an assault rifle and just run and shoot, and lose, but then as I get more experience, I learn more about my layout and how I like to play and how certain perks affect me. I start to choose my layout to maximize my strengths, of how I play, in a match instead of just using an assault rifle all the time. I become more experienced in the maps and know the choke points, usual camping spots, good ambush areas, etc.
I second this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-FeliX-0 View Post
Nope. He's not trying to troll us. He's a pretty decent guy in MC3 thread, and he's just being normal.
Indeed! He is also a great app reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4Gamers View Post
Hmm Lets check out some High level replays.
*Clicks on SODBatman's Profile*
*Looks at stats
....Battle Record 1,183W,41L,0D;
Win Percentage 96.65%

WHAT THE FFFF!!!! How can anyone have a record like this!?!? This is madness. You literally have to be unbeatable to have a record like this. Everone here says he's legit but has anyone really played him? Does his skill match his stats?

Daigo doesn't even have stats like this.
Just like that phony Slick, he is a fraud!
Old 02-25-2012, 04:55 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

@mooken, Anybody on the chat with your name is irritating on the chat.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:27 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Good game Jibba! I was trying to mash out my Ultra at the end there but it looks like CApcom nerfed that. Dang it! When did you start playing Gief?
Old 02-25-2012, 05:44 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINIX00 View Post
Which comedy show is it!? :O Nice!! Have a fun Xion
It was Omid Djalili's comedy "Tour of duty" in Britain.
Just got back and it was AMAZING =D
Thanks for asking dude!!
Also I like TA's take on the topic of: Our community's passion for Volt, I second (or third) a lot of what was said. Nice ethics TA!
Old 02-25-2012, 06:13 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXion View Post
It was Omid Djalili's comedy "Tour of duty" in Britain.
Just got back and it was AMAZING =D
Thanks for asking dude!!
Also I like TA's take on the topic of: Our community's passion for Volt, I second (or third) a lot of what was said. Nice ethics TA!
Welcome back!
Hey you know what, I am actually uk citizen as well. lol
I'm jealous! I don't get most of the english jokes!lmao (they're hard for foreigners like me ) I am improving though
Anyway, do you know when it is going to be on TV? Or was it live?

Last edited by FINIX00; 02-25-2012 at 06:17 PM..
Old 02-25-2012, 06:16 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 4.x

Good games Jibba. This might be the first or second time we played against right? I don't remember the last time! Good Sim, as expected !! It's always very hard to play against a solid sim with vega, they're really good practice thanks. Let's play some more some day soon ! Peace
Old 02-25-2012, 06:17 PM

Great games Finix. Thanks for the invite. I'm sorry I couldn't put up more of a fight. It's getting close to bedtime for the kids. They're hyper and crawling all over m and asking me a million questions. I stuck around anyway because it's a blast watching your Vega. Definitely the best I've seen. I really wanted that 2nd Sim/Vega matchup. Tense stuff. I want to play again soon though to see of I can improve on that performance.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaMario View Post
Good game Jibba! I was trying to mash out my Ultra at the end there but it looks like CApcom nerfed that. Dang it! When did you start playing Gief?
Good game man. I always learn from your Guile. I played Gief a bit in SF2 but only a handful of times before a few days ago when I started playing him a lot in friendlies.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:39 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINIX00 View Post
Welcome back!
Hey you know what, I am actually uk citizen as well. lol
I'm jealous! I don't get most of the english jokes!lmao (they're hard for foreigners like me ) I am improving though
Anyway, do you know when it is going to be on TV? Or was it live?
Oh cool the first person from the UK!! I'm from London!!
I'm not sure if it was on TV or not, but it was bloody funny!!
Are you up for a few games?
Old 02-25-2012, 07:00 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Playing this Guile. He's pretty good. Using my Fei against him and got some replays.

Update... I guess that uh.. 15 game win streak was too much for him and he DC'd. I gotta give it to him tho, he was good. He was ready for the next battle and guess it got too frustrating.

About to upload some replays from our.. 16 or 17 game set.

Double update: Uploaded some of the matches. Hope you guys check them out.

Last edited by TenOnez; 02-25-2012 at 07:11 PM..