Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-01-2012, 01:03 PM

how do you beat akuma as ryu or abel for that matter? i know that throwing is good agaisnt that stupid roll that abel does but how the hell can you even get close enough to throw him? and how are you able to anticipate so well when he will roll?

edit: and bison..

Last edited by exalep; 05-01-2012 at 01:13 PM..
Old 05-01-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exalep View Post
how do you beat akuma as ryu or abel for that matter? i know that throwing is good agaisnt that stupid roll that abel does but how the hell can you even get close enough to throw him? and how are you able to anticipate so well when he will roll?
If the spam fireball, hurricane kick them (you have to be midrange). IF they do that jump fireball thingy, slowly get them to the corner. Now, keep them at mid distance...if they try to teleport out, you can anticipate where the teleport will be and punish them (throw). If the fireball, hurricane kick. If they stand there, fireball them. Mind games at that point. Usually, most akumas start spamming fireball...just anticipate it and jump over to punish.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:18 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apprunner View Post
If the spam fireball, hurricane kick them (you have to be midrange). IF they do that jump fireball thingy, slowly get them to the corner. Now, keep them at mid distance...if they try to teleport out, you can anticipate where the teleport will be and punish them (throw). If the fireball, hurricane kick. If they stand there, fireball them. Mind games at that point. Usually, most akumas start spamming fireball...just anticipate it and jump over to punish.
as a Ryu, you can also throw a fireball while akuma throws an air-fireball.
your fireball sails under their fireball, and hits them while they land. Akuma takes more damage than Ryu, so you'll come out ahead.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:29 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Who wants to play a few friendly matches?
Old 05-01-2012, 01:38 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Division 3 EVENT! So are we allowed to break these up into segments? Say i complete the lag tester, and three fights after with my opponent. Can I cOme back in a couple days to finish the final three?
Old 05-01-2012, 01:49 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshkhsee View Post
Division 3 EVENT! So are we allowed to break these up into segments? Say i complete the lag tester, and three fights after with my opponent. Can I cOme back in a couple days to finish the final three?
Only if that's prearranged with your opponent, or due to special circumstances (have to run and take care of accident w kids, etc).
Ppl will be expecting to do the 1+6 matches in one go, unless otherwise planned/
Old 05-01-2012, 01:59 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by exalep View Post

edit: and bison..
Just pick Akuma and fireball better than they do
Old 05-01-2012, 02:04 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Just given out some punishment for smart @ss "beat me? Try it" Mr J.Sabta.
Dont know much about this guy, 3300 win -162 lost just make up his lost to 170 or something.
Seems like his a smart @ss simply cause he put the comment of "beat me? Try it" i got like 80% win rate with my viper,within these few lost he just lucky(punishment achieved anyway), my cody and Sakura just too weak to win the fight.

Anyone got some story for this guy?

BTW.Replay is up lol

Last edited by Hikarumage; 05-01-2012 at 02:18 PM..
Old 05-01-2012, 02:13 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to CaptYadierPR Send a message via Skype™ to CaptYadierPR

The league finally started XD i wish all the best of luck on season 1
Old 05-01-2012, 02:29 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEIF_37 View Post
Speaking of cammy salt.

Yesterday I had about 10 mins to play some quick games. First game of day, choose honda, run into a cammy player named "Amarreddy"

So.... he plays run away cammy.... he dominates my honda first round because I keep jumping into uppercuts and getting hit by spiral arrows, his execution timing was on point with counters.... so then second round I decide to play a little bit more of his game, walk slowly, FA the spiral arrows, get the footsie game in, manage to block a spiral arrow and hit ultra. 3rd round, I act like an idiot and just keep jumping into everyting and he kills me.

So, time to use Bison. I get completely dominated both rounds. He kept walking backwards, I kept trying to chase him down and he just dominated me for 2 rounds straight.

So we rematch, but this time while I am selecting Bison, I say outloud to myself "Get life lead and walk backwards, play his game. Get life lead and walkbackwards" I really was saying this outloud... match starts, I get a knee press right off the bat while he makes move forward then with my little bit of life lead I just keep walking backwards.. he squated for a while but I wasnt having it, reminded myself again keep turtling dont jump into his stupid BS. So he finally makes a move and starts coming twords me with perfect timing I FA his spiral arrow, 3 cr light kicks to psycho crusher. I did this the entire round until he went for random ultra to chip me and make me lose my perfect... well I was ready, teleported away, teleported back and kicked him for perfect.

Next round same thing, I must have FA him like 6 times, all cr light kicks into pyscho crusher and then the spam started, he couldnt get near me, couldnt even touch me started spamming mass uppercuts and spiral arrows all over the place, still didnt touch me. I went for ex headstomp after his whiffed uppercut.. he RQ.

I was about to double perfect this asshole run away cammy and he RQ, go figure.

run away Bison is insanely powerful... he has good counters and if you dont have porjectiles you are in a lot of trouble. I can not play like this though, I forced myself this one game but it was so terribly annoying.

Anyway, end of my salt rant.
http://sf4iv-en.capcom.jp/analytics/...EF85_rpdata&d=

:P lol