Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-03-2012, 02:15 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlequinRogue View Post
With Cody, sometimes just gotta mise that ruffian kick and hope it connects.

I did feel my games with Cody were closer than with Guile. Or was it just me? Maybe you don't know the Cody matchup as well as the Guile one?
I felt that they were closer too. I think it's a combination of me not knowing the matchup as well as Cody having better options after a blocked knee press where Cody is able to slide to punish the startup of the next knee press.

Cody's Zonk Knuckle is what's really scary. It's something that can't easily be gauged b/c unlike charge chars, Cody can still walk forward while holding the charge and unleash it whenever. Not only that but the upper body invincibility is always a killer. Try using it more.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:22 AM
iPhone 4S

Zonk is bad against Bison, because you have a cr lk...

I've given up on trying to hold zonks forever, because it's really not just worth it. If you see me stop throwing bad stone, that usually means im charging.

Does anything punish a blocked knee press?!
Old 06-03-2012, 02:29 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Zonk is bad against Bison, because you have a cr lk...

I've given up on trying to hold zonks forever, because it's really not just worth it. If you see me stop throwing bad stone, that usually means im charging.

Does anything punish a blocked knee press?!
I hate using cr.lk haha so zonk works better on me than other bisons.

Knee press is safe on block (which is why I love it). So after blocking one, it's just a bad mindgame that I can play. Your Cody was doing better b/c I couldn't keep the knee press pressure up compared to Guile. I'm not sure what options he has to retaliate in a safe way (st.p works maybe?). You can always throw out a FK but that's a very risky option, but a great reward if you connect it. If Cody didn't have his slide, the matchup would be a lot different.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:50 AM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by fffan7777 View Post
I hate using cr.lk haha so zonk works better on me than other bisons.

Knee press is safe on block (which is why I love it). So after blocking one, it's just a bad mindgame that I can play. Your Cody was doing better b/c I couldn't keep the knee press pressure up compared to Guile. I'm not sure what options he has to retaliate in a safe way (st.p works maybe?). You can always throw out a FK but that's a very risky option, but a great reward if you connect it. If Cody didn't have his slide, the matchup would be a lot different.
My thoughts exactly about the slide.

Guiles st p hits too high and can't beat out knee press unless it's really meaty. At the range, flash kick is bad because I can't even fadc it.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:05 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
My thoughts exactly about the slide.

Guiles st p hits too high and can't beat out knee press unless it's really meaty. At the range, flash kick is bad because I can't even fadc it.
Guile's sweep seems to be working in training mode right now. Only thing it's not safe from is a ex psycho crusher so it's like cody's slide. Sometimes it trades, but it causes the hard knockdown and you're free to do whatever afterwards.

Last edited by fffan7777; 06-03-2012 at 02:16 PM..
Old 06-03-2012, 04:56 PM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by fffan7777 View Post
Guile's sweep seems to be working in training mode right now. Only thing it's not safe from is a ex psycho crusher so it's like cody's slide. Sometimes it trades, but it causes the hard knockdown and you're free to do whatever afterwards.
It loses out to ex knee press
Old 06-03-2012, 07:28 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
It loses out to ex knee press
So it loses to ex psycho crusher, ex knee press, super, and ultra. They are all punishable on block so I think it's a good option to go for the sweep.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:38 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Good games tenonez!

I was hella nervous and my hands were sweaty! I was going to stop at ten but you brought out balrog and I couldn't pass up the chance to try out a strategy I have been working on (against you). I think I have you figured out but I still don't know the match up as well as you do. I think in that last match you knew I was going to use my super and you knew your ex turn punch (or whatever its called) would absorb the first hit and then allow you to block leaving me in my super animation so you could punish me well played!

When I play you I can not play like I normally do or you just punish the crap out of me. If you saved your wins you will see that most of your wins were lop sided, I tried to get aggressive and come at you as if you were a noob and I got punished dearly

I'm happy with my play and I think I did pretty good considering how good you are

7 wins to me versus 8 wins to tenonez
Most came against his fei long (I think I won 5 of 8)
I only managed two wins against your rog (2 of 7 I think).

I only saved 9 of the 15 matches. If anyone wants to see them let me know.

Oh and tenonez, how do I compare against other blankas? Are there any other blankas I should study?
Old 06-04-2012, 02:09 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Nafiz ur rahman
Default Kof boss

MAnnnn I really played this game more then anyone.... It remembers me my childhood.... KOF 97 98 2001.... IORI KYO.... RALF MANnnnnnnnnn.... ATINA I just been nostalgic.... I wish I could go back to my old day... skip classes for playing KOF in game centers.....
Old 06-04-2012, 04:21 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-FeliX-0 View Post
Capcom E3 schedule...
http://www.capcom-unity.com/lost_pla..._and_much_more
Lookie at this lil' thing: 11am - iPad Expo (a look at current iOS offerings)

I sooo hope its news about a new Street Fighter for iOS but as they haven't specifically mentioned the iPhone, I think we're going to be disappointed Hope I'm wrong.