Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-01-2011, 06:57 AM

proof is that is has unlock strings same as akuma in the .plist file
Old 07-01-2011, 07:05 AM

Hi guys, there Are other hidden fighters to unlock, there are 2 ? When you unlock akuma, i think that there Are gouki and evil ryu.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:09 AM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebo_beta2002 View Post
proof is that is has unlock strings same as akuma in the .plist file
That simply means he was planned to be in the game. I had a quick look in the game files and see nothing related to Evil Ryu.

There are the various .obm, .wav and .mp4 end movie files each relating to every character including Akuma. There is nothing to suggest another Ryu.

Many games have remnants in the coding where characters were planned but perhaps removed or never finished. Relevent example: UMK3. Before the update it had vestigial files of characters not present in the game.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:14 AM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tognesimo View Post
Hi guys, there Are other hidden fighters to unlock, there are 2 ? When you unlock akuma, i think that there Are gouki and evil ryu.
Have you actually tried selecting those question marks? They're random icons, to select a random character.

As weird as it sounds, it actually isn't so uncommon for a fighting game to have two random icons, even if only for the sake of character-select screen symmetry.

Also, Gouki is Akuma, that's his Japanese name. You're thinking of the new character Oni in SSFIV Arcade, who is pretty much a playable Shin Akuma.

sorry for the double post, I'm too use to forums that don't allow post editing
Old 07-01-2011, 07:17 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Probably in future, but now no .
Old 07-01-2011, 07:30 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablueleaf View Post
Probably in future, but now no .
I'm pretty sure they'll add more players, as they did with SFIV. Looking at the game's cheap price it's safe to assume they'll sell some players as IAP.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablueleaf View Post
For double circle its best on jump in or when on wakeup, or during a green hand. Those actions can let you buffer the 2 circles (Actually you only need 1.5 circle, that is enough already. Same for normal spinning piledriver, 270 motion is enough)
Far out it's a complex science. No wonder I just had 8 losses in a row and then my first win had the opponent drop ><. My avatar, on the other hand, is pretty much owning ... for what it's worth. My left thumb is about done for another week or so though, damn this game . Cheers.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:58 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:
No i think only Akuma, with saved character slots for the future updates. The two ? marks are just randoms, ive seen some games with it.. i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiNZ View Post
Finally unlocked Akuma with 3 rounds beginner all characters. My fastest clear was Zangief at 6:46 ... I'm kind of on the slow side ><. And a shame I don't like playing him lol, and can never pull off that double circle for ultra - I find it mean that Zangief and Honda have to be really close to ultra and yet the movement tends to move them away!

Ready for some friendly online action, going to add some of you guys, even if you are burned out already .
My fastest is like 4:50 :P I still got 6 more characters to go thru the game, to bad the battery died and i cant find the cable><
Old 07-01-2011, 08:05 AM

guys, need some help on using the virtual joystick as efficiently as possible

i think I really suck on using that left virtual joystick

sometimes a simple hadouken or shoryuken move I can still screw it

any advise or suggestion how should I use it?
Old 07-01-2011, 08:33 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Capcom really needs to add the ability to filter out players with a large amount of disconnects. I just played against a guy with a 10-0-0 record whose player card shows he's a serial disconnecter. Very frustrating.

I've found since I set my condition to equal skill I get less rage disconnects, as no one who does that will have my stellar .500 record