Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-07-2011, 01:20 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I love to play friendly battle over online battle now, not only it's more relax and also I can try many different char that I won't use in online battle. The main point is there is no rage quitter... That make me happy!
Old 07-07-2011, 02:03 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

The card data can be edited easily, so I think its quite meaningless to compare ranked drop rates .
Old 07-07-2011, 03:01 AM
iPhone 4

I just rage quite and I don't feel guilty

The guy I was playing would do a move the exact moment as me and he got upper 100% of the time. When I got fed up, about the tenth time it happened, it just happened to be the finishing blow.

Apparently, if Akuma does that spinning kick (not even going to try to remember what it's called) the same moment as Ryu, Akuma will always take damage and Ryu will get nothing. Good to know if you're Ryu, even though it's cheap as all hell.

Akuma isn't aways so great when you play him, IMO. His moves are powerful, but he can't seem to handle much damage. He really doesn't last long against somebody of equal skill as yourself. YMMV

Last edited by NotYou; 07-07-2011 at 03:19 AM..
Old 07-07-2011, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
Akuma isn't aways so great when you play him, IMO. His moves are powerful, but he can't seem to handle much damage. He really doesn't last long against somebody of equal skill as yourself. YMMV
Akuma is the one of the weakest characters in all of SF universe. And he's one of the easiest to stun as well. So yeah, he can do a lot of damage but Akuma players must be careful, precise and good at defending too otherwise it's suicide mission against Zangief.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
I just rage quite and I don't feel guilty

The guy I was playing would do a move the exact moment as me and he got upper 100% of the time. When I got fed up, about the tenth time it happened, it just happened to be the finishing blow.
Ha!! I admit it's frustrating when we're outplayed like that, gotta resist the quit button though (I save it usually for Sagat players who does nothing but fireballs high and low non-stop).
Old 07-07-2011, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnk View Post
Akuma is the one of the weakest characters in all of SF universe. And he's one of the easiest to stun as well. So yeah, he can do a lot of damage but Akuma players must be careful, precise and good at defending too otherwise it's suicide mission against Zangief.
Hope you mean stamina wise. Because he left vanilla SF4 ranked 3, only after Sagat and Ryu (sorta, kinda a tie).
Old 07-07-2011, 05:29 AM

what is vanilla SF4?

by the way, Im having hard time to complete 8th challenge of Vega

and 7th challenge of Guile

can anyone guide me?
Old 07-07-2011, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hvy4grvty View Post
Hope you mean stamina wise. Because he left vanilla SF4 ranked 3, only after Sagat and Ryu (sorta, kinda a tie).
Yes, definitely stamina-wise
Old 07-07-2011, 05:59 AM

Vanilla SF4 is... just SF4. SF4 nowadays just refers to SSF4.

Akuma's mid tier in SSF4, but he'll work his way up. He always does. But the nerfs do hurt. Akuma was the only high tier char that wasn't "cheap". He had no inherent advantages over others; you needed to be skilled and precise with him. He gets punished so easily if you screw up. With precision and skill, he was probably the best character in the game with the sheer amount of options available. And his wakeup game was second to none.

And fun to watch too (youtube tokido).
Old 07-07-2011, 07:15 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I find that akuma in the ios version is just very choppy to play with. I main akuma on the console and he just doesnot feel right on the ios. Now i understand all the characters are going to not feel the same but akuma just feels unplayable. Ive been playing with ryu and my record is 110-10. Most of my losses are with akuma. I really hope that capcom can just make him feel a little smoother or something cause its almost impossible to play with him competivetlty. I still have not lost to one either. So i guess ryu it is.