★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Help Me Understand The Attraction To Pocket God

04-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Help Me Understand The Attraction To Pocket God

I don't get it. You throw little natives into the water, into a volcano or some other death trap. I just haven't been able to purchase this app based on what I think it is ..... am I missing something?

Bittlebox or Marlene DeGrood (non zombie killer)
Need more positive energy in your life?
http://www.bittleboxart.etsy.com
Follow me (bittlebox) on twitter.
04-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlenedegrood View Post
I don't get it. You throw little natives into the water, into a volcano or some other death trap. I just haven't been able to purchase this app based on what I think it is ..... am I missing something?
It's not a game. It's for entertainment purposes.

04-19-2009, 08:56 PM
I didn't purchase it either. I looks really fun for a few minutes, but then I don't get how there's any replay value, except after the updates.
04-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Quote:
not everyone will like the same things....if you dont like it then nothing I or anyone else will change your mind.
04-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchennyken View Post
I didn't purchase it either. I looks really fun for a few minutes, but then I don't get how there's any replay value, except after the updates.
Well the last update gave statistics for kills and a leaderboard. That adds replay value. But yes, for the most part, there really isn't much to do.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
04-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Quote:
I bought it but I did not like it either.

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.
04-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah I get you man.
Its Cute and worth it for a Buck, but only Because they keep updating it
04-19-2009, 09:05 PM
If you don't get it, it's probably not for you. For me, it's just there. If I'm bored, have a sec, and am mad at someone, I name a pygmy, and submit it to multiple forms of torture. Aaaaaaah...
04-19-2009, 09:09 PM
The real fun of the game is the weekly updates. They are coming out with some great updates to increase the enjoyment u have with the game. If i were u i would get it while its still $1 because it will go up to $3 soon
04-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Similar to Koi Pond. I think its supposed to be something mindless to occupy a few moments..