★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: aRRage Wheels of War

caRRage is an addictive arcade racing game, that reveals a post-apocalyptic universe, ruled by mad and desperate drivers. Experience mind blowing races on a number of tough-looking vehicles: starting with a dusty rust-bucket and a van armed with a circular saw and ending with an indestructible truck blasting away everything in its way!

The key feature of caRRage is advanced and thoroughly-designed physics, allowing you to feel at the wheel of a real combat vehicle. Adding unique game modes, like battle in the open arena and the cargo delivery in an armored truck, you get a perfect racing game with lots of shooting, collisions and explosions.

Amazing graphics and latest features of the Unity engine, incredibly realistic car crashes and destructions, colorful explosions and shooting. All this will plunge you into the good old arcade racing atmosphere in one of the most dynamic and beautiful games that you've ever seen on mobile platforms.

Only caRRage features:

11 unique racing locations (9 racing tracks, 1 open arena, and the truck route)
Exciting single-player campaign and Wi-Fi-based local multiplayer mode
3 highly detailed game environments in Full 3D: Desert, City, and Industrial Area
3 game modes: classic race with weapons, delivery mode featuring the Truck, and the open arena battle
8 vehicles (cars, vans, and other deadly chariots) with a wide range of upgrades and modifications
34 gears, that turn your car into the weapon of vengeance
9 types of upgradable weapons
40 original decals
3 exclusive soundtracks, created to top the atmosphere of the game

Ram your opponents, use Nitro to overtake them on the turn, blow them up with mines or demonstrate your excellent driving skills and finally: blast your way through with rockets!

Download caRRage and enjoy insane missions in a single-player campaign or challenge your friends in multiplayer.

Official Facebook community: https://www.facebook.com/carragegame

Official game website: http://carrage.net

touchy85's comments:

caRRage

Nova Games Ltd.
Genres: Games Racing Arcade
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
сaRRage — Wheels of War

caRRage is an addictive arcade racing game, that reveals a post-apocalyptic universe, ruled by mad and desperate drivers. Experience mind blowing races on a number of tough-looking vehicles: starting with a dusty rust-bucket and a van armed with a circular saw and ending with an indestructible truck blasting away everything in its way!

The key feature of caRRage is advanced and thoroughly-designed physics, allowing you to feel at the wheel of a real combat vehicle. Adding unique game modes, like battle in the open arena and the cargo delivery in an armored truck, you get a perfect racing game with lot’s of shooting, collisions and explosions.

Amazing graphics and latest features of the Unity engine, incredibly realistic car crashes and destructions, colorful explosions and shooting. All this will plunge you into the good old arcade racing atmosphere in one of the most dynamic and beautiful games that you've ever seen on mobile platforms.

Only caRRage features:

— 11 unique racing locations (9 racing tracks, 1 open arena, and the truck route)
— Exciting single-player campaign and Wi-Fi-based local multiplayer mode
— 3 highly detailed game environments in Full 3D: Desert, City, and Industrial Area
— 3 game modes: classic race with weapons, delivery mode featuring the Truck, and the open arena battle
— 8 vehicles (cars, vans, and other deadly “chariots”) with a wide range of upgrades and modifications
— 34 gears, that turn your car into the weapon of vengeance
— 9 types of upgradable weapons
— 40 original decals
— 3 exclusive soundtracks, created to top the atmosphere of the game

Ram your opponents, use Nitro to overtake them on the turn, blow them up with mines or demonstrate your excellent driving skills and finally: blast your way through with rockets!

Download caRRage and enjoy insane missions in a single-player campaign or challenge your friends in multiplayer.

Official Facebook community: https://www.facebook.com/carragegame

Official game website: http://carrage.net

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 60.3MB

12-13-2015, 10:52 AM

This is surprisingly good for a free to play weekend release. It looks great, I like the power-ups, it has local multiplayer and the capture the flag mode is great. This is so much better than the soft launched Micro Machines. Things I don't like is the music, it kind of sounds like it's royalty free music. And the controls are not great either, you steer with some sort of wheel, I prefer buttons.

12-13-2015, 04:03 PM

Here is my take on the game spent once again another hour live streaming the game, didn't want to rush it out. You can change the controls on the game to make it button control which does make the game a lot easier to control. You unlock new tracks be having enough stars and these stars you gain from completing contacts or as we commonly call them goals and this entails finishing in the required positions of that track you racing on.

You also have capture the flag style tracks, and also survive in which you have a big rig and you have to fight off the enemy vehicles to make it to the end.

There are no energy times i seen in this game at all, but you will have to grind you away way though the game to unlock better weapons etc and of course these do come with timers.

If you like car wars stuff then you like this one.

Last edited by hellscaretaker; 12-13-2015 at 06:45 PM.
12-13-2015, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the great impressions guys. This definitely does look promising. Just curious, can Single Player be played offline? I love how there's no timers - I can deal with upgrade timers for a free game as long as they get rid of actual play timers.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My art: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
12-13-2015, 04:23 PM
Definitely looks like my kinda game. Downloading now
12-13-2015, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Thanks for the great impressions guys. This definitely does look promising. Just curious, can Single Player be played offline? I love how there's no timers - I can deal with upgrade timers for a free game as long as they get rid of actual play timers.
Just tried to play it offline and the single player works.

And the game won't let me change to button controls during a race, but it's possible to change it in the menu. Controls are great now.
12-13-2015, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
This is strictly single player game, as multiplayer is only done via Wifi not server based so you wont need net connection to play this game from what i seen of it so far

Streaming some of the newest and hottest games on youtube search touchgameplay
12-13-2015, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchy85 View Post
Just tried to play it offline and the single player works.

And the game won't let me change to button controls during a race, but it's possible to change it in the menu. Controls are great now.
Thank you! Appreciate the response. Sounds like this could be a sleeper hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscaretaker View Post
This is strictly single player game, as multiplayer is only done via Wifi not server based so you wont need net connection to play this game from what i seen of it so far
Thanks for the quick reply. Sounds great!

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My art: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
12-13-2015, 05:20 PM
Ads?
12-13-2015, 05:22 PM
Oooooo...love me some car combat. Downloading!!!