★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-09-2011, 07:30 AM
Happened before?
That it must have been either before I took it (few days after release) or when I was offline for a few days.

-----
On GC I am FPEX
09-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
Actually this happened once before and it was days until it was back up. Before it happened this time I once again started getting old matches that kept reappearing and I had to keep forfeiting to get off the list, but then it came back again and again. The undead. I guess that might be a sign of imminent meltdown.

EDIT: let's hope they get the servers back up a lot sooner this time.
Crunc, I see te same problem as you. I have old games reapearing after a few days.
(not right now though....right now same as everyone else..can't get on the server)

09-09-2011, 08:36 AM
Before yesterday, there has never been a server outage of longer than a couple of hours.

Yesterday afternoon, there was a major power outage in all of San Diego county. 1.4 million businesses and residences were without power until this morning. We'll have the server available again by noon Pacific time.
09-09-2011, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangiato View Post
Before yesterday, there has never been a server outage of longer than a couple of hours.

Yesterday afternoon, there was a major power outage in all of San Diego county. 1.4 million businesses and residences were without power until this morning. We'll have the server available again by noon Pacific time.
This sounds horrible!!!! I mean the power outage.

-----
On GC I am FPEX
09-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Well, then, I guess I'm thinking of something else, or it just blew up bigger in my mind then it actually was. Very possible. I definitely remember the previous time, though, and when this happened it was definitely preceded by dead games coming back from the dead over and over. Then they fixed the server and the dead games also went away, but over the past week or so the dead games have risen again. In particular I keep getting a game (auto-match) that one player never took a turn in and so I forfeited to get out of it. I've now had to re-forfeit it about 10 times. Maybe more.

So obviously the current outage is due to the power outage, but there is certainly this issue with old games returning over and over. At least I've certainly been having that problem.
09-09-2011, 08:55 AM
I never had this dead games issue. I only have the issue of dead games because players have vanished .....

-----
On GC I am FPEX
09-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangiato View Post

Cool beans. You guys should be applauded for making an awesome game.
09-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelam View Post
YES YES YES.

Having to choose portraits every time because I hate looking at the apprentice face is annoying.
Exactly! Not to mention setting difficulties on your opponents.

Then you need to dip your fingers in some mayo and smear it all over your iDevice screen for greater REALISM!
--Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan
09-09-2011, 12:33 PM
unable to engage other ppl with fresh new games and finish off remaining ones are a bummer but i do enjoy squaring off with the CPU for the moment.. ^^

GameCenter ID: kitkeat
Fav multiplayer iOS game: Penny Arcade The Game:Gamers vs Evil,Ascension,SummonerWars, Heuroshima Hex,Hero Academy,Nightfall,Tickets to ride
Invite me to a game
09-09-2011, 01:09 PM
Server is back online now.