Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-11-2012, 07:00 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I am absolutely loving SoS. The Next Game button makes life a lot easier too. Great update! Now onto Summoner Wars and Nightfall's first expansion
Old 05-11-2012, 07:28 AM
iPhone 5s, OS 4.x

Updated and bought SoS and Promo pack and can only say Best.Update.EVER!
Old 05-11-2012, 07:48 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
I am absolutely loving SoS. The Next Game button makes life a lot easier too. Great update! Now onto Summoner Wars and Nightfall's first expansion
Great first game! Thanks, it's really like a brand new game with this update! I just encountered the rat king in another game, what an awesome concept! Loving the new cards, new resources to "save up" with the trophies.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:51 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Which is the best way to play: CoTG/SoS or RoTF/SoS?
What do you guys prefer?

Loving all the new cards.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:58 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

For some reason on my iPad 2 the Play Online button is enabled as soon as the game launches, but tapping it brings up a message saying you need to be logged into GC to play online, while on my iPhone 4 it still works like before, with the Play Online button *disabled* until GC logs in. I prefer it like the latter. Anyone else seeing this issue? It's minor, but slightly annoying.

I also ran into a problem playing vs. CPU. I was playing a 3 player game (2 CPU players) and about halfway through, the 2nd CPU started taking a ridiculous amount of time to take their turn. They'd play a card, then perhaps 10 seconds pass, then it played another card, etc. I found that if I quit out of the game and then went back in it would speed up, but only until their next turn. However after that game was over, I played another and this didn't happen. Weird.

Other then these issues, though, the update's improvements and the expansions are great. I got SoS and the Promo pack.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:08 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Great, great update. If only we could have push notifications that bring us directly into the relevant match, and adjustable honor points in online matches, I'm set för quite some time
Old 05-11-2012, 08:13 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Another great update from Playdek.
Feels like a brand new game.
Bought both the expansion and the promo cards (just to support, I do not even know what they are).

I loved Nightfall (after getting the hang of it) but I must confess that this update renewed my unconditional love for Ascension.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:25 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarypharaoh View Post
Great first game! Thanks, it's really like a brand new game with this update! I just encountered the rat king in another game, what an awesome concept! Loving the new cards, new resources to "save up" with the trophies.
Haha you blew away so far ahead on that game. I barely knew what I was doing half the time, but I'm getting the hang of how to manage runes and power on SoS now.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:26 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I have to say, I think Ascension is one of the best supported card games for iOS; Cabals and Shadow Era are pretty good in that area, too. One thing I have not seen in any card game yet is the ability to browse cards in fullscreen mode on the iPhone. It's a shame all that great artwork cannot be fully appreciated; same goes for Cabals and Shadow Era.

I know it's not a major priority, but please can we have fullscreen display of cards in a future update. Apart from showing off the artwork, it would also make the flavour text easier to read.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:37 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post

I also ran into a problem playing vs. CPU. I was playing a 3 player game (2 CPU players) and about halfway through, the 2nd CPU started taking a ridiculous amount of time to take their turn. They'd play a card, then perhaps 10 seconds pass, then it played another card, etc. I found that if I quit out of the game and then went back in it would speed up, but only until their next turn. However after that game was over, I played another and this didn't happen.
I've noticed the same issue when playing the AI. Happens to me towards the end of the game on the last turn or two. The CPU takes forever to play each card. Feels almost like the app is jamming up or something. Other than that it's an awesome update and the new deck is great!