Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-13-2012, 09:52 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Never played a deck building or trading card game before, but Ascension is really converting me to card games and even board games in general. A great implementation and a great game, cannot wait for the new expansion to make it to the app....
Old 09-13-2012, 09:59 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfoundry View Post
If anyone hasn't already seen the info about Solforge, go check it out! They're on their last week of Kickstarter and 4/5 of the way there. It's being produced by Gary Games along with Richard Garfield (of MTG fame), so it should be really good.
The game intrigues me but the "collectible" aspect then immediately dampens my excitement.

When I read some of the pledge prizes in their Kickstarter, like if you pledge over $100 you'll get $100 worth of game credit, it dawned on me that this is a game they actually think folk would spend $100+ on packs to stay competitive!
Old 09-13-2012, 10:16 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

The freemium aspect of Solforge is why I'm not hyped for it at all.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:33 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

i must be missing something, but i can't just start a game to play against a game center friend. is that possible?
Old 09-16-2012, 01:25 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by putermcgee View Post
i must be missing something, but i can't just start a game to play against a game center friend. is that possible?
Hm, what do you mean? If you go to "create game", you can invite any of your GC friends that also own Ascension.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:46 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

i think i figured it out. when i tap the other player icon, it just says 'open' and doesn't list any friends...but in the manual, it says the person must have connected to the online server previously. my cousin has only played a couple offline games, and hasn't connected online yet.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:44 AM

In case my fellow players note abnormalities in my moves played on Sep 20th, some of the moves are made by my 14.5-month old daughter, even though she loves tracing your moves more.

Yes, I am training her to play Ascension from the very start and hope to beat every single one of you guys some day...
Old 09-21-2012, 10:28 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
In case my fellow players note abnormalities in my moves played on Sep 20th, some of the moves are made by my 14.5-month old daughter, even though she loves tracing your moves more.

Yes, I am training her to play Ascension from the very start and hope to beat every single one of you guys some day...
Lol nice. My 5 year old daughter loves helping me play the game (dragging the cards I tell her to move). Hopefully she'll be seasoned by the time she's 7
Old 09-22-2012, 07:40 AM

Lucky enough to grab my iPhone5 on Friday, upgraded from my old 3GS, after 2 hours in line at a local carrier store. Installed the Ascension, RD is very nice, but the experience is still no match on iPad.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:32 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
Lucky enough to grab my iPhone5 on Friday, upgraded from my old 3GS, after 2 hours in line at a local carrier store. Installed the Ascension, RD is very nice, but the experience is still no match on iPad.
Yeah. I feel the same way, I use my iPad for 95% of my gaming now. I still have Ascension loaded up on my iPhone if I have to check on multiplayer games with no pad around or if I'm doing cardio at the gym and I'm bored of reddit.