Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-10-2012, 01:41 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Anyone else having problems with the online server?
Old 10-10-2012, 02:40 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by retr0spective View Post
Anyone else having problems with the online server?
Yup the same thing is happening with summoner wars as well.May be because of their about to be released game can't stop

Last edited by Rokrdude; 10-10-2012 at 03:25 AM..
Old 10-10-2012, 03:20 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Thanks, that makes sense.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:50 AM
iPhone 5

just drop by to say hi to the regulars here.. good day peeps!
Old 11-04-2012, 01:11 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Yes, server problems - it might be related to the natural hazards hitting the US big time. I know there are some companies who are having server problems because of that.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:02 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Finally caved in and bought Ascension after deliberating for months and months (at least 6). Like KoDP, should have bought this sooner - especially given a) different take on deckbuilding card games, b) extremely slick UI, and c) the usual suspects worth whom we share the same tastes appear in this thread

I've played over a dozen games against the AI (easiest level) and am surprised at how easy it is to pick up and to immediately develop strategies. Of course, a degree of exposure to MtG and strategies helps (although I'm but a novice), but the differences are both elegant and subtle re: sharing the same cards and building hands turn by turn.

I'm about 50:50 in terms of win ratio, with most successes coming through Lifeblood cards mixed with Void for thinning the deck to allow for more rapid recycling. Of course, the great leveller is the cards that appear on the centre board. More than once, I've been recycling hands but due to the board, no real options to play or not realising that it benefits the AI for the none of the central board cards to be bought and rapidly recycled.

There are elements that remind me of mahjong and da lao er (大老二)'Big Two' in observing the cards / tiles, observing what your opponents do, and not necessarily playing based upon your hand because it may suit your opponents gameplay.

Mechanas completely flummox me. Can't seem to develop a strategy. Have more success using Snapdrgon or Yggsdrasil staff (which feels over-powered) for constructs. The only time I've won using Mechana cards is picking up the big constructs for honour points towards the end of the game.

Re-reading this thread (currently on page 37), and look forward to 4 player multi-player games.

P.s. Am I one of the few who really like the art?

Last edited by Riotgirl; 11-15-2012 at 05:25 PM..
Old 11-15-2012, 05:12 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

I actually like the art just fine. It's improved with each expansion.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:56 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotgirl View Post
Finally caved in and bought Ascension after deliberating for months and months (at least 6). Like KoDP, should have bought this sooner - especially given a) different take on deckbuilding card games, b) extremely slick UI, and c) the usual suspects worth whom we share the same tastes appear in this thread

I've played over a dozen games against the AI (easiest level) and am surprised at how easy it is to pick up and to immediately develop strategies. Of course, a degree of exposure to MtG and strategies helps (although I'm but a novice), but the differences are both elegant and subtle re: sharing the same cards and building hands turn by turn.

I'm about 50:50 in terms of win ratio, with most successes coming through Lifeblood cards mixed with Void for thinning the deck to allow for more rapid recycling. Of course, the great leveller is the cards that appear on the centre board. More than once, I've been recycling hands but due to the board, no real options to play or not realising that it benefits the AI for the none of the central board cards to be bought and rapidly recycled.

There are elements that remind me of mahjong and da lao er (大老二)'Big Two' in observing the cards / tiles, observing what your opponents do, and not necessarily playing based upon your hand because it may suit your opponents gameplay.

Mechanas completely flummox me. Can't seem to develop a strategy. Have more success using Snapdrgon or Yggsdrasil staff (which feels over-powered) for constructs. The only time I've won using Mechana cards is picking up the big constructs for honour points towards the end of the game.

Re-reading this thread (currently on page 37), and look forward to 4 player multi-player games.

P.s. Am I one of the few who really like the art?
While still no expert myself, the Mechanas seem to be all about obtaining constructs, especially the Mechana ones. While the effects of their cards (heroes and constructs) can be fairly lack luster, they always tend to be worth much more vps than other cards.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:46 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

The Mechana strategy is arguably (at least for me) the most overpowered strategy in the game. Their structure combinations are staggeringly powerful when used properly. This strategy mainly revolves around the use of the Hedron Link Device and the Hedron Cannon, along with any combination of other structures (Mechana or otherwise) to feed to the Hedron Cannon. The essentials of the strategy is to use the HLD's ability to change all constructs to Mechana, and then to use the Cannon's power to convert each Mechana construct to a power resources each turn. With enough constructs, say 10, you'll be getting at least 10 free power each turn, not including the abilities of each of those individual structures to generate power (eg. Voidthirster, Yggdrasil Staff).

It also helps that Mechana structures like The Grand Design and Watchmaker's alter decreases the resources needed to acquire other Mechana constructs, which when combined with the HLD's ability to turn all constructs into Mechana make it that much easier to get out constructs quickly.

Last edited by ChocoVanilla; 11-15-2012 at 10:37 PM..
Old 11-15-2012, 07:31 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Also the Mechana constructs have argueably grown stronger with each expansion, especially with Storm of Souls and promos where you can pull off some pretty incredible combos. I almost always try to snag the Mechana constructs even if I don't really need them because of the 1:1 power/honor ratio of each card.
Glad you like the game riotgirl, once you get comfortable with the play mechanics feel free to hit some of us up for some online games