★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: MumboJumbo
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 63.1 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: A classic marble-shooter, beautifully illustrated and dazzling with brilliant effects.

LUXOR 2 takes you on a beautiful voyage through the land of ancient Egypt. Play 88 gorgeously rendered levels of brilliantly displayed crisp and stunning graphics set amongst the pyramids and temples of ancient Egypt. Use your mystical winged scarab to shoot and destroy the approaching magical spheres before they reach the pyramids at the end of their path.

Luxor 2 features powerups including Lightning Storm, Color Cloud, Net, and Dagger to help you shoot down those enemy spheres faster than ever before! Work your way up through the ranks to become the Pharaoh over all of Egypt!

Key Game Features:

88 explosively challenging and gorgeously 3D-rendered levels
Four levels of difficulty, including: the expert level that unlocks the mind-blowing Challenge of Horus
Over 80 new statistics and badges, plus bonus rounds at the end of each stage
Work your way from Farm Hand to Pharaoh by improving your rank
Three stimulating modes of play, including Survival and Practice modes
13 explosive power-ups, including the new Color Cloud, Net, Dagger and Lightning Storm, to help shoot down the oncoming enemy spheres
13 intense and rewarding bonus rounds at the end of each stage

Visit us on the App Store at http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/mumbojumbo/id312416866
to find more of our award-winning casual games including our Luxor Series, Midnight Mysteries Series, 7 Wonders Series and more!

Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MumboJumboGames

Follow us on Twitter: @MumboJumboGames
06-30-2011, 01:57 AM
Looks pretty slick, there is a separate iPad version for 6.99.

06-30-2011, 02:38 AM
Yuck. MumboJumbo.

Don't buy this game, don't support these guys!!

http://toucharcade.com/2009/10/24/st...rom-app-store/
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=30406
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=31225

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 06-30-2011 at 02:51 AM.
06-30-2011, 02:53 AM
Yeah  MumboJumbo.

back
06-30-2011, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
Yeah  MumboJumbo.

Did you just say: "****"?

This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 06-30-2011 at 03:19 AM.
06-30-2011, 03:13 AM
Not about to get into debating this again, but do feel compelled to only point out: if we boycotted every big company who ever played hardball with a smaller competitor we'd hardly have any games to play at all.

So unless you plan on boycotting Nintendo, Sega, Microsoft, Capcom, EA, Activision, just to name a few, kindly stop being a hypocrite, thank you. Oh, almost forgot: Apple too. Better get rid of those iDevices before you go ahead and stick the boot in.
06-30-2011, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Not about to get into debating this again, but do feel compelled to only point out: if we boycotted every big company who ever played hardball with a smaller competitor we'd hardly have any games to play at all.

So unless you plan on boycotting Nintendo, Sega, Microsoft, Capcom, EA, Activision, just to name a few, kindly stop being a hypocrite, thank you. Oh, almost forgot: Apple too. Better get rid of those iDevices before you go ahead and stick the boot in.

"stick the boot in"? Don't understand - is this kind of slang or a saying?

And do you really want me to accept people kicking around other people? Seriously? *raises eyebrow*

Last edited by Vovin; 06-30-2011 at 03:21 AM.
06-30-2011, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
"stick the boot in"? Don't understand - is this kind of slang or a saying?

And do you really want me to accept people kicking around other people? Seriously? *raises eyebrow*
Basically means: attack.

Either accept it or don't. But be consistent.
06-30-2011, 04:29 AM
Not saying it's true or isn't, but I heard a rumor that Stone Loops lifted some code from Luxor. If that were the case then I wouldn't feel bad for the Stoneloops devs at all...although again, not saying it is true or isn't. Just saying.

And, yeah, I guess this sort of stuff is about where you draw the line. Personally I would love to not be a part of anyone exploiting anyone else, but it will be a few years before I can afford my own private planet in the deep of space.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
06-30-2011, 04:33 AM
You gotta admit, stone loops was a re-skin of Luxor, regardless of whether Luxor was similar to puzzloop which was the first marble popper... Stone loops even had the same power ups as Luxor.
Notice how mumbo jumbo didnt stop apple from selling Atlantis sky patrol... That's because at least the devs of that made it slightly different in gameplay.. Whereas stoneloops was identical to Luxor....

I still have stone loops.... And by not boycotting mumbo jumbo... I know have stone loops, Luxor, luxor2 and Luxor Amun rising..... Plenty of choice

Best Games: Tilt to Live, Mini Motor Racing, Death Rally, NBA Jam, Spirit, Silverfish, Flipship, Wispin, Space Tripper, Super Crossfire, Red Nova, Vertex Blaster, Modern Combat 2, Hard Lines, Sentinel 3, Mad Wheels .......Follow me on Twitter @unclelimey