★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Kamikaze Robots Out

04-19-2009, 11:50 PM
Kamikaze Robots Out

$4.99
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=312018371&mt=8

Last edited by chukwuka13; 04-19-2009 at 11:53 PM.
04-19-2009, 11:53 PM
Its a Digital Chocolate game so it might be pretty good... but at 4.99 Ill wait for some first impressions

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn

04-19-2009, 11:55 PM
lite version will be in the store soon, so I'll wait for that

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
04-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
lite version will be in the store soon, so I'll wait for that
Yea, thats one of the things I like the best about Digital Chocolate, they always release lite versions of their games

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn
04-20-2009, 01:34 AM
Looks fun!

Content Writer for www.vgchartz.com
04-20-2009, 09:15 AM
I don't use to do that but let me start for the main two CONS:
  • Loading time: each "race", even if you are just retrying, is preceded by a 6 seconds loading time (very annoying*)
  • The music does not translate the game theme at all

*In tour if you win a race but does not get extra "chips" you have to pass through 3 loading times to race again (2 loading times for nothing by the way); it'd be nice if the game would ask if you want to try the race since you didn't get any chip... If you get the game you'll understand what I mean...

Nevertheless, the game is still nice to play.

You have control over robot's spinning and you just try to get the best angle possible to not destroy your robot and get as far as possible (Quick race) or the final line (Tour).

Quick race is interesting due the ghost robot of your best race. Four players can race here (one after another) so you can enjoy the game with your friends.

Tournament is something that really adds to the replay value. You have 29 challenges and each one you are encourage to race more than once to get more "chips" to upgrade your robot. Of course, you can get the four chips at once if you win a race by spinning, and by reaching the minimum speed and height required by the meters at the top right of the screen. This 4 chip feature increases the replay value because you have a good excuse to play an event again and win all 4 chips (a nice, nice touch!)

Each chip worth an upgrade (jumping, spinning, stamina and explosion) so you'll always have a better robot to race, reducing the repetitiveness a lot. In addition, the armor itself seems to have up to 4 or 5 upgrades, which means the robot physically changes along the game. By the way, the interface to select the upgrades is small, unnecessarily small.

These upgrades are carried to the quick race so you'll always have an excuse to break your last record.

This game has nice features put together. Very nice.

I just don't give a 5/5 due the CONS above.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8

Last edited by Carlos-Sz; 04-20-2009 at 04:36 PM. Reason: New information in navy color.
04-20-2009, 04:38 PM
I've just updated my impressions (post above) and I'm really enjoying this game.

If the annoying loading time could be fixed in a future update this would be a 5/5 title for sure.

Am I the only one playing this game here?

04-20-2009, 05:19 PM
good game! ....but the frame rate is so crap!!...like 14 fps....
just wait for fix...
04-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joni99 View Post
just wait for fix...
Frame rate is OK. Just loading time is really annoying.

04-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joni99 View Post
just wait for fix...
That's how all DC games are and it bothers the hell out of me. It's almost like all their games are direct ports of the cell phone games they release. I wish they'd take a damn second and optimize their games because they aren't even coming close to tapping into the iDevice's potential.
Go on Get It Now (verizon) and you'll see DC games that cost nearly the same and play exactly the same. This is just laziness from DC.