★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Squirmee REDUX is the definitive version of Squirmee and the Puzzling Tree. All the levels have been tweaked, re-designed and re-mastered to maximize the FUN and CHALLENGE!!!

Download it today!

----------------------------------------------

FROM THE PRESS
"If you've been itching for a complex, difficult puzzle game, you won't find much better in the App Store..." - Thorin Klosowski, Touch Arcade (4.5/5)

"Squirmee and the Puzzling Trees tricky puzzles, novel controls, and distinctive ideas ensure that it firmly sits near the top of the iPhone puzzle tree." - Steve McCaskill, Pocket Gamer (9/10 Tree-mendous)

"It's a clever puzzler that will have you thinking just as much as playing." - Andrew Podolsky, Slide To Play

"In the end, if you would enjoy a truly puzzling action game, purchase this app." - Jamie Young, App Advice (4/5)

----------------------------------------------

THE STORY
When a mysterious tree bursts from the earth and takes poor little Pink up with it, its up to her big brother, Squirmee, to come to her rescue!

THE GAMEPLAY
Squirmee and the Puzzling Tree was best described by Thorin Klowoski of Touch Arcade when he said, "[it] is a lot like Super Meat Boy flipped on its head. Instead of controlling an avatar, you're controlling the environment, but the same perfectly timed actions are required."

THE GAME SPECS
* 75 fun and puzzling levels (more coming soon)

* Color-based obstacles, each color represents a different challenge for Squirmee to overcome.

* Easy controls, simply Tap or Slide your finger across the screen!

* "Tap to Begin" feature allows you to view each level in action BEFORE tackling them.

* A step-by-step tutorial teaches you how to play, so you can dive right into the game without hesitation.

* 4 leaderboards to compete against your friends (and the world) on.

* 10 achievements to keep you playing again and again.

* 3 unique worlds to go through, from Earth to Ice and finally to FIRE!!!

* Comical boss fights give you a fun challenge at the end of each world.

For more updates and news on Squirmee and upcoming Lavafish Studios games, follow us on twitter: @LavafishStudios

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Lite: http://itunes.apple.com/app/squirmee-puzzling-tree-lite/id446207956?mt=8
06-30-2011, 08:12 AM
Looks nice but in desperate need of a vid

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!

06-30-2011, 09:11 AM
video please! it looks awesome

I love this world!
07-01-2011, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
tried !
ahem...too difficult for me lol
have to pass this, but nice gameplay

I love this world!
07-01-2011, 06:21 AM
Here's a gameplay video

Hello all,

Thanks for checking out our game. Here's a link to our gameplay trailer on Youtube:

http://youtu.be/Vzd3A2YvWsQ

And yeah, the game is a bit difficult, or can seem at first, once you know the trick to the level then they're a breeze to pass through...but it isn't always easy to figure out the trick

EDIT: We took down the Lite version for now. We've decided to just focus on improving the full version and maybe once all of the development is done for it, we might re-introduce a lite version again.

Last edited by Lavafish Studios; 08-08-2011 at 01:23 PM.
07-01-2011, 09:20 AM
tried the lite version, gonna have to get the full once I get some more $$ in the bank or another gift card... =oP

Gonna have to wait til after Deathsmiles... but I will end up buying this one... =oD

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Asdivine Hearts, Cardinal Quest 2, Yurei Ninja, Mountain Goat Mountain
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid
07-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Update 1.01 Sent to Apple

Yipee!!! We just finished our first update to Squirmee and the Puzzling Tree and sent it off to Apple. With the update youll be able to skip past levels that are giving you a hard time so you can keep on enjoying Squirmee and help him save his sister (we also applied the same update to the Lite version).

We just sent it to Apple and now its Waiting For Review soooooo, hopefully itll be up end of next week or early the week after.
07-02-2011, 01:57 PM

Looks potentially fun, but I can't really understand from the video how you're supposed to play it. Why do the green balls hurt you sometimes but not other times?

Video is a bit fuzzy as well.

I am not a dev, I just post here.
07-03-2011, 07:43 AM
The gameplay is simple. Simply tap your finger to "Stop" Squirmee, and then drag your finger down to have him "Reverse". You can slide your finger up and down to switch between the powers.

The green balls kill him every time, but only if they actually hit him directly. If they hit the platform he's on then it'll act like a shield.

Sorry for the video quality, we're just a two person shop working from our apartment, we don't have to best equipment or expertise in filming.

Last edited by Lavafish Studios; 08-08-2011 at 01:22 PM.