★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Bio Army 2 @TD-Universal-Retina-$0.99@

06-30-2011, 10:01 AM
Bio Army 2 @TD-Universal-Retina-$0.99@

06-30-2011, 03:14 PM
The entire first level played for me without sound effects even though I had sound effects on in the settings (you can even review/change settings while the game is playing.)

As soon as I finished the first level, it crashed and dumped to the home page. When I started the app back up, I still had zero XP. Obviously not ready for primetime.

www.theageofknights.com

Game Center ID: NoThru22

06-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Pretty solid TD so far. Played 2 levels. about 25 mins and like it. Compares well to the better half of my vast TD collection so far. Clean graphics and above average animations. 40 stages is a plus too. Tonight I am going to torture test the TD algorithms and see how well the game is made. I have countless TD's that I have only played 1-2 levels and quit playing due to some reason, whether gameplay, graphics or boring design.

So far its a keeper for me.
07-01-2011, 12:50 AM
Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco View Post
Pretty solid TD so far. Played 2 levels. about 25 mins and like it. Compares well to the better half of my vast TD collection so far. Clean graphics and above average animations. 40 stages is a plus too. Tonight I am going to torture test the TD algorithms and see how well the game is made. I have countless TD's that I have only played 1-2 levels and quit playing due to some reason, whether gameplay, graphics or boring design.

So far its a keeper for me.
What Franco stated is pretty much my experience, however I do have some things to add.
1. Range detection is a little bit off, unlike other TD games the "towers" start attacking a little too late, normally when the enemy is right in front of the "tower". It seems the enemy is attacked (farther distance wise) after they have passed. This can be adjusted in an update. Clustering of the enemy makes the hit detection more suspect.
2. Enemy's health seems a little off, some go down (same type) faster than others, possibly due to the range detection.

All in all a solid TD game, the animations are great and the load times are minimal on an iPad 2. I see this being a really great game after some tweaks here and there. For the price it is worth it, I've played worse. Any TD fan will appreciate the time spent developing this game.
07-01-2011, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
What Franco stated is pretty much my experience, however I do have some things to add.
1. Range detection is a little bit off, unlike other TD games the "towers" start attacking a little too late, normally when the enemy is right in front of the "tower". It seems the enemy is attacked (farther distance wise) after they have passed. This can be adjusted in an update. Clustering of the enemy makes the hit detection more suspect.
2. Enemy's health seems a little off, some go down (same type) faster than others, possibly due to the range detection.

All in all a solid TD game, the animations are great and the load times are minimal on an iPad 2. I see this being a really great game after some tweaks here and there. For the price it is worth it, I've played worse. Any TD fan will appreciate the time spent developing this game.
Totally agree!
07-01-2011, 08:01 AM
I can't make it through the first level without crashing on my iPad 1. At least a hard reboot will allow the game to have sound effects. Waiting for update.

www.theageofknights.com

Game Center ID: NoThru22
07-01-2011, 09:32 AM
They need to fix the way you select placement options for the troops. The "decide" button is just extraneous and annoying.

Gameloft Live/OpenFeint/AGON/Plus+/iTunes Reviewer: Revlisoft / GameCenter: SilverDragon / Favs: Project Phoenix Doodle Jump Dungeon Hunter 2 Sentinel 1/2/3 Tiny Tower Cartoon Wars GoldRush Dragon Portals Puzzle Quest 2 AoD Trenches Order & Chaos Nick Chase Superfall