★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Rank very high and then disappearing....

06-30-2011, 08:48 PM
#1
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 144
Rank very high and then disappearing....

One of my game Turtle Fly rank very high 5 hours ago and then disappearing suddenly.... I don't know what's happening. Does any developers face the similar problem?
06-30-2011, 08:53 PM
#2
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 235
Maybe you had a lot of sales at the same time and then none for a bit. It can change very quickly in popular categories.

06-30-2011, 09:25 PM
#3
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry1923 View Post
One of my game Turtle Fly rank very high 5 hours ago and then disappearing suddenly.... I don't know what's happening. Does any developers face the similar problem?
Well it was free and was #1 there and got some popularity there. So when it went back to paid, it was higher up on the charts. But when you go free you cater to either the cheap or those that would have bought it but instead didn't pay a cent for it. Thus, it becomes popular and people tell their friends and stuff. Then, it dies down and the rank falls.

im back guys!
06-30-2011, 09:31 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 144
Impossible. It just disappeared suddenly. If it dies down, there should be a decrease in trend, not sudden disappearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phattestfatty View Post
Well it was free and was #1 there and got some popularity there. So when it went back to paid, it was higher up on the charts. But when you go free you cater to either the cheap or those that would have bought it but instead didn't pay a cent for it. Thus, it becomes popular and people tell their friends and stuff. Then, it dies down and the rank falls.
06-30-2011, 09:32 PM
#5
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 144
I just read this thread, seems many developers come across the same problem:

http://www.iphonedevsdk.com/forum/bu...appearing.html
06-30-2011, 09:38 PM
#6
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Neverland
Posts: 345
Like The Heist, Feed Me Oil which both ranked #1 once. But when they have sales, they will rank up again, all are concerned with price.

Things change, roll with punches. But I know, all is gonna come together.
06-30-2011, 09:38 PM
#7
I can confirm something strange is happening...
Rc Plane 2 launched yesterday, today it reached very high positions (for us at least ) in all appStores, both iPhone and iPad. All of a sudden we where trown out of ALL charts on all stores in all the world. Looking at actual charts, it seems a backup from a few days ago.
06-30-2011, 09:43 PM
#8
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry1923 View Post
Impossible. It just disappeared suddenly. If it dies down, there should be a decrease in trend, not sudden disappearing.
Actually, it is a ton harder to get downloads going to paid. They see, hey this was free! If others got it for free then why should I pay? And they don't buy it. The app will rank high for just a little bit right after going from top ten free---> paid then drop really quickly. It only ranks high because it just had a ton of publicity by being #1. Just dropping really quickly because people just stop dling it happens. Sorry :/

im back guys!
06-30-2011, 09:55 PM
#9
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 144
Look at the 2 charts:
http://j2sighte.com/bcd.png

Both Turtle Fly and RC Plane 2 disppear in ranks at 12:00.
06-30-2011, 10:04 PM
#10
I'm seing the situation back to "almost normal" on some stores (US for us) but not on all. Have often experienced moments of crazyness in appStore, but usually after a few hours it gets back to normal (about a year ago there had been 3 days of frozen charts)