★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The mobile hit game "Pacific Wings" (over 3 million installs already) is finally on the App Store, better than ever!

Pacific Wings is a vertical scrolling shoot-em-up and it features retro-style-graphics.
The story plays during the "Battle of Midway" in 1942 where you have to fly an American P-38-airplane against all kinds of japanese airplanes.
You can control your warbird with the touchscreen. The plane shoots automatically.
Features:
- Retro-style graphics!
- 3 different weaponupgrades on your plane!
- different enemies!
- full support for iPhone5/6/7 and iPad3/4/Pro!
- Full "Game Center"-integration

If you find bugs or have any suggestions to make "Pacific Wings" even better please tell us!

Sprakelsoft's comments:
The android mobile hit game "Pacific Wings" (over 2 million installs already) is finally on the App Store, better than ever!

Pacific Wings is a vertical scrolling shoot-em-up and it features retro-style-graphics.
The story plays during the "Battle of Midway" in 1942 where you have to fly an American P-38-airplane against all kinds of japanese airplanes.
You can control your warbird with the touchscreen. The plane shoots automatically.
Features:
- Retro-style graphics!
- 3 different weaponupgrades on your plane!
- different enemies!
- Full "Game Center"-integration

If you find bugs or have any suggestions to make "Pacific Wings" even better please tell us!

07-01-2011, 03:26 AM
This could have been a nice game... .
I really love this kind of shooters, but this one is really slow. Ok, there is more going on in later levels.
The badest thing is the control. The plane is were your finger touches the screen
and strangely jumps around your finger. Did you ever hear of relativ touch control?
more speed to the game and relativ touch controls and it could be a nice game.
But why I am complaining? Its for free, so its no problem.

07-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Hi Rudi,

thanks for the comment. I added the relative controls and speeded the game up a bit (30%). And I removed the jitter-problem you are talking about. Its under review by apple now. I hope youll like it more when it gets released. If you have any other ideas to make it better just tell me.

Thanks!
07-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
=o/

Can't find this in the Android App Store...

oh well... might end up checking it out on my iPod later...
07-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Unfortunately our developer-account was removed by google. You can still find it on alternative appstores like Androidpit:
http://www.androidpit.com/en/android.../Pacific-Wings
07-01-2011, 11:14 AM
nifty, thanx... I'll have to get it on my tablet too... =oP
07-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
=o/

Can't find this in the Android App Store...

oh well... might end up checking it out on my iPod later...
Lol...You are really serious
07-01-2011, 06:35 PM
07-03-2011, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
What??
Just didn't expect that you did check it out in android market to see whether it's a android hit
07-03-2011, 10:15 AM
the Android market is a tough place for good reviews... almost EVERYONE expects to get everything for free there...

Anyway... saying a game is a 'hit' in the Android store usually gets my attention for that reason... not many games are really a 'hit' on the Android market... =o/