★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Rising Board - Pop Island Serie

07-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Rising Board - Pop Island Serie

Click image for larger version

Name:	RisingBoard_icon512_border.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	34978

iTunes Link : http://itunes.apple.com/app/rising-board/id442590511?mt=8

Hi everyone!

Rising Board is finally released. It's our first iphone/itouch game and we are very proud of it

here the first ingame video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjm1Y...layer_embedded

For those who doesn't know our work, odenis studio has released some games on the nintendo ds system. Pop Island Paperfield is the last and gets a great 81% on metacritics

We are here now to offer a new experience - you screen is a wakeboard! Enjoy it

Name:	RisingBoard_banner.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	34976

Have you been yearning for fine sand beaches?!? Grab your board and dive into the cheerful, colorful universe of Rising Board!!! Come and join us, whether you are seeking fame or simply for the sake of it! Identify with a style and become a member of the tribe!!!

Your screen is not just a screen, it serves as your wakeboard!!! Tilt it and surf the wake!!! Swipe with your finger to launch yourself into the air. Let the breeze caress your face as the world slowly turns around you. You're feeling good.

Your board is capable of performing a thousand different tricks!!! You will soon be comfortable doing front jumps, roll backs and other tricks.
Get started by slaloming across the islands to collect sun points! With points you will be able to make jumps in the air!

Perform your best tricks and create your choreography to the tune of the festive music. There is much more to tricks than meets the eye; elements of beauty, good timing and joy are part of the experience!!!

Impose your style on the course and become the king! Each trick is an opportunity to win a crown! If you are good, the Pop Islands inhabitants will come and join you, just to be there. Just to enjoy these wonderful moments with you!

Name:	RisingBoard_banner2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	34977
  • Key features
  • Sun, sand, waves and a wakeboard!
  • A completely new game experience!!! That's not a screen in your hand anymore, it's a wakeboard!!!
  • Specifically designed for the iPod and iPhone
  • 15 Pop Island 3D environments.
  • The Pop Island universe and all the colorful and cheerful characters!!!
  • Retina compatible! Off you go, enough said! At 60 images per seconds, this game is fast!!!
  • No waiting to load!!! No wasted time, nothing but pleasure.
  • Sunny music for all!

What press said about Pop Island and Pop Island Paperfield on the Nintendo DSi :
Nintendo Life 9/10
“As incredible as the visual display was in the original Pop Island release, it seems to have only gotten more refined with age. The game still flows smoothly at a constant 60 frames per second and you won't likely find a more quirky or vibrant set of terrain anywhere on the service.”

Nintendo World Report 9/10
“Paperfield is one of the best additions to the Nintendo DSiWare Store and is a steal when you look at all the content you are getting.”

IGN ***IGN Editor Choice Award*** 8/10
“The music is also excellent”

Cheat Code Central 82/100
“Paperfield is a title that surprised me.”

Feel free to be surprised!!!
Have a great day! Olivier DENIS

Name:	RisingBoard_title.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	34975

Last edited by OlivierD; 07-01-2011 at 08:25 AM.
07-01-2011, 08:23 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
this one looks great... my youngest has Pop Island... might have to get this for the kids. =oD

07-01-2011, 08:32 AM

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
07-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Looks intriguing. I can see a few not so keen on tilt controls though - perhaps to have some form of slider on the left hand side? Or is this already an option?
07-01-2011, 09:36 AM
07-02-2011, 03:01 AM
3D environment tilt control, looks unique and challenging, would like to have a try. Wishlisted it!
07-02-2011, 03:11 AM
My daughter is really really enjoying this one! Shes also got the other two playing it as well...

I've tried a bit, but really can't seem to pull off any sort of score above 700... No idea how you've got the scores you do in the screens... Hopefully the tutorial will help... It's pretty upsetting seeing my kids get a higher score than me... =oP
07-02-2011, 05:17 AM
Game Impressions

Well here's something that plays like nothing I've played before. I've no real idea what I'm doing even after the tutorial but I'm having fun. Which is good enough I think.
07-02-2011, 07:22 AM
lol... after going through the tutorial 4 times, I still don't know what I'm doing...

I THINK i might just be landing wrong with all my tricks... I dunno...

But yeah, that Tutorial vid is just the tutorial from in the game... so there's nothing new in there... =o(

I am having fun with it though... not as much as my daughters... but still... =oP

I did manage to finally break 1,000... my youngest has a high score of 3000 or something like that... =o/

07-04-2011, 02:31 AM
Crowns are score multipliers!

Get some stacked crowns to improve your score. Crowns are score multipliers!

How to win crowns?!? The idea behind rising board is around perfection and sensation. So perform a "perfect" trick and win a crown.

To perform a perfect trick, start with simple tricks ( an easy and kind 360 is a good start - simply create a gesture "down-up" with your thumb and release it from the screen when you want to start your jump). During your jump, DO NOT TRY TO CORRECT IT by touching again your screen.

If your reception is good, you will notice it with a crown reward. And yes, because this game is new to play with, you will need some practice. But not too much, first crowns come quickly

You could see in the tutorial one gesture for a 360 trick. Do it with the same speed / position.

After that, you should try to get one more crown. With the atrocious idea that you could loose your first crown So when you see that your trick is not so good, you can correct your wakeboard position by pressing on your screen. But correcting your position, you couldn't pretend to make a perfect jump. it's a quick choice!

An another way to get big score is the mandatory tricks. We'll have to discuss this later

My record is 62 stacked crowns You will see, when you'll get a lot of crown, characters of Pop Island will join and jump with you!

Have a great day! Olivier