★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: zinc Roe
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 69.0 MB
  • Version: 1.5
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: (Description en français plus bas.) Play alongside Stella and Sam and their dog Fred as they turn to the Go-There-Square to find a magical place. Pop musical bubbles, collect dandelions and build a bridge out of flowers.

This Stella and Sam Interactive Adventures combine stunning animation with three elegantly-designed activities. The Stella and Sam Apps are based on the television show and the bestselling picture book series by Marie-Louise Gay. Stella and Sam books have been translated into fifteen languages. They have sold over one million copies and are loved by children all over the world.

SAM: Is the magical place where we're going at our house Stella?
STELLA: That is still a mystery. But the powers of the go there square will guide us to the magical place.

Each Stella and Sam Adventure features:
Beautiful fullscreen animation
Three fun and simple games
Quick navigation by chapter and game
Support for English and French

Stella and Sam are adorable to begin with. And this is just an ideal use of an ipad. It's a great idea -- part animated storyteller and part games. It's very clever and super beautiful. More immersive and better wrought than anything I've seen. My three and five year old kids are completely charmed." - App Store Reviewer

Stella and Sam is about engaging children to discover and explore the world around them, sparking childrens imaginations and encouraging their creativity. Marie-Louise Gay, author and creator.

My daughter really likes the Stella and Sam apps. The activities are creative and make you feel like youre actually contributing to the story. Debra, mom

Visit stellaandsamapps.com to see the app in action and learn more about all of the Stella and Sam Apps!

----------------

Coin-coin : Une aventure de Stella et Sacha

Amuse-toi avec Stella, Sacha et leur chien Fred alors quils utilisent un coin-coin pour trouver des endroits magiques. Fais de la musique avec des bulles, collectionne les graines de pissenlit et construit un pont de fleurs. zinc Roe Games vous offre les Aventures Interactives de Stella et Sacha, une application qui combinent adroitement des dessins animés et des jeux pour créer une histoire amusante.

Les applications Stella et Sacha sont basées sur la série démissions télévisées ainsi que sur la série dalbums illustrés de Marie-Louise Gay. Les albums de Stella et Sacha ont été traduits en quinze langues. Avec plus dun million dexemplaires vendus, cette série à succès est adorée des enfants du monde entier.

Chaque aventure de Stella et Sacha vous offre :
De magnifiques animations plein écran
Trois jeux simples et amusants
Navigation aisée par chapitre et jeu
Version en français et en anglais

Rendez vous au www.stellaetsachaapps.com pour plus dinformations au sujet des applications Stella et Sacha !

jkrogh's comments:
Go There Square - the latest app in our Stella and Sam series of Apps is now available! This beautiful app combines three elegant little activities into an animated story featuring Stella, her brother Sam and their dog Fred.

To celebrate the launch Go There Square is available for just $0.99 through until Tuesday. You can learn more about the Stella and Sam apps at http://www.stellaandsamapps.com

07-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Highly recommend these apps. Great quality!

07-02-2011, 03:57 AM
First, thank you for this sale. Grabbed it right away. Which leads me to my second point. I think your Stella & Sam apps are wonderful for young children. Would love to pick them all up... are you every going to have a sale on the others? I already own Into the Snow, but would love to get the remaining two I don't have.
Cheers!
07-03-2011, 08:51 AM
Bought this on sale just for the heck of it and my 3 yr old son is now nuts for it. We haven't seen the Stella and Sam books or show yet so for us it's the equivalent of watching Nick Jr or PBS Kids but the child gets to interact via 3 mini-games. The only downside is that it's short (maybe 10-15 min) but an upside of that is it makes for a great 'last one before bedtime' thing. Needless to say I've bought the other 3 at full price because I was so impressed with the quality (and my kid's seal of approval). It would be kind of cool to have a single 'wrapper' app wherein you could buy any new episodes as IAP's rather than individual app's.
07-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks so much for the feedback. We've put a tremendous amount of work into the apps and the sale is one way we hope to introduce them to more parents. We may have sales on the other apps in the future. I suggest you follow us on twitter or facebook as we always announce sales there first.

http://www.twitter.com/zincroegames/
http://www.facebook.com/zincroegames/

If you've enjoyed the apps please do leave a review on iTunes.
07-04-2011, 09:52 AM
I'm not familiar with these characters, but the glowing review above prompted me to take the plunge as well. I can't wait to see what the young ones will say about it. I'll be on the lookout for the others as well !

Good luck with this one !

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
07-05-2011, 01:27 PM
We had considered the IAP route, but I've spoken to a lot of parents angry about how easy it can be for kids to make purchases without them being aware.

We are thinking about bundling the apps together into a single app so that you can buy them as a set. We are trying to figure out what to charge for such an app. If there are four and each one is $2.99 should we charge $5.99? $6.99? $7.99?
07-06-2011, 04:57 AM
If I didn't already own "Go There Square" & "Into the Snow", I would have definitely purchased a bundle of these 4 apps for any of those price points. But that is because I already know about the quality of these apps having already bought one, now two ;-)
Your dilemma is that without a free version, people probably aren't going to buy the bundle. But after they purchase one at full price and find out how much they love it, the likelihood of a bundle purchase decreases because it is less of a deal now.

So, my personal opinion would be to price the bundle at $5.99 if you do not offer a free version. If you do provide a free version (and you would only need to do it for one, so that the quality and production value could be ascertained), the bundle purchase price could (or rather should) be higher.

The question of course is how best to provide a free version. If not done properly, negative reviews would just hurt sales. People would get mad because it was too short, etc..

My one last thought. Have a "Mega Sale" of all Sam and Stella apps, say $0.99 each to generate enough sales and hopefully more reviews. Enough 4 and 5 star reviews would offset the need for a free version.

Best of Luck!
07-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Bundles or sales ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad View Post
If I didn't already own "Go There Square" & "Into the Snow", I would have definitely purchased a bundle of these 4 apps for any of those price points. But that is because I already know about the quality of these apps having already bought one, now two ;-)
Your dilemma is that without a free version, people probably aren't going to buy the bundle. But after they purchase one at full price and find out how much they love it, the likelihood of a bundle purchase decreases because it is less of a deal now.

So, my personal opinion would be to price the bundle at $5.99 if you do not offer a free version. If you do provide a free version (and you would only need to do it for one, so that the quality and production value could be ascertained), the bundle purchase price could (or rather should) be higher.

The question of course is how best to provide a free version. If not done properly, negative reviews would just hurt sales. People would get mad because it was too short, etc..

My one last thought. Have a "Mega Sale" of all Sam and Stella apps, say $0.99 each to generate enough sales and hopefully more reviews. Enough 4 and 5 star reviews would offset the need for a free version.

Best of Luck!
I agree with Sinbad. There is a definite price resistance in the iTunes store due to all the frequent sales, many of which bring the price of major games to a dollar or two.

Asking for more than six dollars might really limit your sales. You might get more money per unit, but you'll sell many less. That would absolutely be my limit. Also, people who have bought one or more of your apps will be very reluctant to buy the bundle.

The suggestion to put all the apps on sale to generate a buzz is a very good one. Look at the most popular games on the iTunes store last weekend; they were almost all the apps that went on sale for the 4th of July. Word of mouth is a powerful thing. and the quality of these apps will certainly speak for itself; once people are more familiar with them, sales will increase for sure. And consider that when an app is only a dollar, people will gift it much more frequently. A dollar seems to be a magic price point; people will gift it with no hesitation.

Good luck with the apps. I got Go There Square, and it was a hit !

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !

Last edited by quebecotr; 07-06-2011 at 08:26 AM. Reason: grammar.
07-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the feedback on pricing - all very well considered. We have some experience in pricing of our Tickle Tap Apps. In that case each app is $1.99 and the bundle is $3.99 (for 5 games). After much experimentation that seems to be working well.

Kids app are a bit of a niche - they rarely feature on the rankings compared to mass-market casual games. And the Games > Kids category doesn't even show up on the iPad app store.

$5.99 seems like a fair price in this case or perhaps make one of the apps free and charge $6.99 for the bundle. And I agree that periodic $0.99 sales are a good idea just to get the apps in front of people.

It's very hard as a consumer to know if you're getting quality for your $ and it's just as hard as a developer to prove this to potential buyers. We put a huge amount of work into these Stella and Sam apps and now we just need to find ways to let everyone know about them.