★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mission Europa: Collector's Edition - $4.99 (from $9.99)

07-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Mission Europa: Collector's Edition - $4.99 (from $9.99)

07-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Highly recommended, one of the more detailed FPS on iOS with touches such as weapon crafting, character customization, and unexpected plot based gameplay surprises. Although not for everyone a definite contender for game of the year.

The difference between "Collector's Edition" is that all content is unlocked from start while in standard edition you have to IAP each 10 level component. Also in collector's there are more armor options because you can wear "flesh" from enemies leading to your character taking on the appearance of enemies.

Touch Arcade Mission Europa game discussion thread

Second place in Touch Arcade 1st quarter 2011 game of the year

Last edited by undeadcow; 07-01-2011 at 12:33 PM.

07-01-2011, 02:28 PM
You won't get more gameplay anywhere for $5. One of the best RPGs out there, and I think it is the most fun FPS you can get on your iPhone.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
07-01-2011, 03:13 PM
(disclaimer: I only play in ipad)

Honestly I tried and tried to like this game, but the interface is clumsy, controls so an so and the graphics is a big mess. My suggestion is to check the lite or the currently free std version first.

-----
On GC I am FPEX
02-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Price drop - $4.99 > $2.99.

Favorites: The Quest Gold + expansions, Mission Europa Collectors Edition, Ascension, Jet Car Stunts 2, Junk Jack X, King of Dragon Pass, Kingturn series, Mecho Wars HD, Mini Dash, Mos Speedrun, Ravenmark, Sonic series, Fall of Angels, Highborn, Solomonís Keep / Boneyard, pixel art games, remakes and ports of classic games.
02-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Still a decent game.

I swear if he could just lift this exact game and put a modern hardware graphics engine on it, it would be great.

Nice, tough old-school FPS with a ton of customization options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
02-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Awesome, I've been meaning to pick this up...I guess now is about the right time.

GameCenter: DruciferBriggs (if you send a request please mention you're from TA)
02-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
(disclaimer: I only play in ipad)

Honestly I tried and tried to like this game, but the interface is clumsy, controls so an so and the graphics is a big mess. My suggestion is to check the lite or the currently free std version first.
I agree, give the free version a shot, this is not a game for everyone.

I, for one, couldn't get into it at all.

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs
02-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filing Cabinet View Post
I agree, give the free version a shot, this is not a game for everyone.

I, for one, couldn't get into it at all.
Agreed. I bought it for $9.99 as soon as it was out at 10 PM that night since I was incredibly hyped for the game. Hated it, and I'm a huge fan of RPGs and FPS games. They're my two favorite genres actually. I still consider it the worst purchase I've made on the AppStore. Apparently, the TA staff hated the game too. I remember them mentioning that each of the writers tried it, and none felt like it was a game that deserved a frontpage review. This was before there were any freelancers here though. I'm not going to lie though: this game has one of the biggest cult followings here on TA out of any iOS game that's ever came out. The thread is the 11th most active game thread on TA of all time.

Twitter: @back2this

Last edited by backtothis; 02-03-2012 at 02:45 PM.
02-03-2012, 02:49 PM
My son got this the last time it went on sale and he loved it. But I just couldn't get into it. There's a lot there as far as customization and content.

While I agree that a big graphical overhaul would help, to me the controls and interface are its biggest issue. There are those that will argue to death that this is the best RPG/shooter on the iOS, though. So hats off to those who enjoy it. I just think it's a pretty specific population that's going to like it and take the time to get into it.

Agree with the above posters, download the free version first. It's an acquired taste.