★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Stickwars *UPDATED*

04-20-2009, 09:28 AM
Stickwars *UPDATED*

Version 1.1 includes:

What's new

- Game is now called 'StickWars'.
- Adjustable difficulty levels.
- Adjustable amounts of blood.
- Online high-score rankings.
- Bug fixes.
- Interface improvements.
- Archer upkeep halved.
- Added wizards and repairmen.
- Decreased shake sensitivity for bombers. Also added option to disable shake to release bomber.
- Added a button on screen to release a bomber.
- New enemy! The Siege Engine is immune to your finger and must be killed by a bomb, a meteor, or archers.

** 'StickWars - Siege' has been renamed to 'StickWars' **

After a long wait, Apple has finally approved the first major update to StickWars! Be sure to check out the new graphics and gameplay

StickWars is a fast-paced, action-packed game that requires lighting-fast fingers and cunning strategy. You must defend your kingdom and defend your castle against the invading stick figure army.

Tap, flick, and shake your way to victory the first high-quality castle defense game for the iPhone/iPod Touch.

** Buy now for only $0.99 while the game is in early versions. As more content is added, the price will increase, but early adopters will receive these updates for free! **

- Hit 'Options' to change difficulty before you play.
- You must have at least 20 wizards to instant capture using double-tap.
- Kill Siege Engines using bombers, archers, or wizard spells.

- Unlimited rounds. Keep playing until defeated.
- Automatically saves your game at the end of each round.
- Capture enemies by dropping them into the cage.
- Shake to deploy bombers, shake again to detonate!
- Use multi-touch to command your wizards, casting meteors and other spells.
- Online high score rankings.
- Adjustable difficulty levels.
- Original artwork by Joseph Kuo.

Coming in version 1.2 (currently in progress):
- New enemies, requiring new strategies.
- Kill enemies by slamming them into the ground!
- More graphics, including new animations of enemies, archers, wizards, and more.
- Whatever you request! Post your thoughts on our forums, and we will read every comment.

Looks pretty sweet right?
04-20-2009, 09:42 AM
So this is the game that got taken off the app store because it was a clone of 'Defend Your Castle', and this is the update that changed the graphics and made it different enough to put it back up for sale? Or was that a different game.

In any case, it looks really nice and for 59p i'm very tempted but might wait for some reviews first.

04-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Fun game, but my thumb gets sore from flicking the stickmen out of the screen for 45 minutes.

Content Writer for www.vgchartz.com
04-20-2009, 11:34 AM
This is an awesome game for 99c. I saw this morning that there was a new game on the US top 50 and picked it up right away. If you usually don't like this sort of game though, I wouldn't get it. I don't know how you couldn't like it though!
04-20-2009, 11:49 AM
This game is really fun and I definitely recommend it. I've put hours into it already.

@Ph4ntom4: From what I hear this game was not pulled because it was a clone, but because the developer wanted to improve it before it got bad reviews.

I've been away for awhile, but I'm back.
04-20-2009, 12:20 PM
you scared me thought 1.2 update was out. 1.1 has been out for a bit now. Fun little game.
04-20-2009, 12:29 PM
I never thought to purchase this game. But today I just figured what the heck. And I gotta admit...I love it!! Its like a mix between so many different types of games. And .99 cents you cant go wrong

My Original Music: https://soundcloud.com/no-fury
Gaming Device: iPhone 6 - iPad Air 2
04-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Is there a good video of this? I saw a video of Defend Your Castle and can't decide between them.
04-20-2009, 01:39 PM
hmmm......... this looks fun
04-20-2009, 01:42 PM
LOL, I have to admit, I thought it looked boring until I saw the blood. That made it seem so much more interesting for some reason.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0