★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: An Assassin in Orlandes (Gamebook Adventures) LITE - FREE!

07-01-2011, 05:57 PM
An Assassin in Orlandes (Gamebook Adventures) LITE - FREE!

Hi all!

We've just released a LITE version of our first Gamebook Adventures title, An Assassin in Orlandes. This gives you the opportunity to play roughly the first fifth of the gamebook.

We understand that gamebooks are not everyone's cup of tea, but if you have not played one before then it could be something you're missing out on! All our gamebooks are Universal so if you own them on one device, you own them on all. Not only that but the gamebooks themselves are re-designed to make best use of the hardware features.

Here's what some sites and reviewers have said about GA:

"Even though Fighting Fantasy books have nearly a 30 year lead on the recently released Gamebook Adventures, the team at Tin Man Games have put together an equally remarkable and entirely original virtual game book for the iPhone." - Touch Arcade

"I was both surprised and delight to find that An Assassin in Orlandes delivered one of the most engaging iOS gaming experiences I’ve had to date." - Gamezebo

"Gamebook Adventures are fun to read – not just because the RPG mechanic draws you in and engages you in the story, but also because the stories are good fantasy fiction. The artwork is great and there is a great deal of replayability in the application, especially when you consider the hundreds of choices that can be made and the various difficulties." - Wired

"After finally making my way through the series’ newest release, I’m somewhat ashamed that I’ve waited so long to take the plunge...the only real question is, “How much longer do I think I can hold out before buying the other five volumes?” The answer: Not very." - 148Apps (GA6 review - 4/5)

"Tin Man Games has done an admirable job of recreating the experience in an electronic format. The story is top notch, the interface works quite well, and the music really gets you into the atmosphere of Orlandes. This is definitely a title worth taking a look at, especially if you’re familiar with the print version of this type of book." - iPhone Life

An Assassin in Orlandes has an average rating of 4 stars on the App Store. So if you've never tried any of our gamebooks - what are you waiting for???

Follow us on the Tin Man Games blog and check out our latest Gamebook Adventures and Fighting Fantasy sites for links to our GA and FF apps!
07-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Thanks Tin Man. This makes it easy for me to recommend Gamebook Adventures to my friends, in case they are a bit reticent to buy the game without trying it first.

These games combine brilliant fiction and superb artwork, with RPG elements and branching storylines that provide plenty of choice, plenty of combat and plenty of action. They are without a doubt my favorite style of RPG game on the App Store.
07-08-2011, 05:03 PM
It's nice to hear this is out. Now more people can enjoy the gamebookeryness!

Have a look at Naruto RPG!
Look at Gamebook Adventures for iPhone/iPod/iPad!
I do app descriptions for free