★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Hard rock racing free

07-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Hard rock racing free

Hey this game just came out. Sorry i cant post the link right now. I have it for mac and its pretty cool. The dev morti im sure will update the post. Best of all its free. Kind of a twisted metal concept racing game. Check it out. There is one control bug when using the analog stick on the left to steer and accelerate so beware of that but there are many control options and a special setup for fling controllers. Ipad 2 only i believe.
07-02-2011, 06:31 AM
Picked this up last night. Couldnt believe it was free !!!

Seems quite good - quite hard also !!!

I tried the tilt controls (use the ipad as steering wheel) and there are 2 pedals on screen for accelarate/decelarate. Graphics are good but backgrounds are not very detailed. This does not take anything away from the game as the game is pretty fun.

Think of Death Rally from a 3rd person view - missiles, guns etc. You also earn cash to upgrade and buy new stuff.

Overall, pretty good - not the best. It is free so, heck, it is fantastic for a free game and you never know what future updates will bring.

3DS Favourites -
IOS favourites - Dead Space, Xcom, Shadowrun.
Multiplayer ID - Magnum0ik (use a zero)

07-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Hey guys. Whoa you were quick with posting it here, I just wanted to create a thread announcing the release of the game. Damn I was too slow.. ;-)

The download URL, just in case someone missed it: http://itunes.apple.com/en/app/hard-rock-racing/id444455003?mt=8

The game is free and offers unlocking of more tracks via In App Purchasing. But nonetheless, the first 4 circuit cups are free as the first 4 sprint tracks are also and... multiplayer racing is free without any IAP.

Hope you enjoy the game!

Regards
Martin
07-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Game is not up to par, the controls are very spotty and tried all different ones. Nothing works, overly sensitive accelerometer, buttons don't work when pressed. The only positive things is graphics and sound are good. I feel that the game is unplayable due to the controls. Running on an iPad 2.
07-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Sort of agree with this, though it isn't unplayable - the left joystick steering setup doesnt work at all, though the right hand version does. The controls do feel too sensitive for this type of game too. Still, all that can be fixed and i do like the whole feel of the game, so hoping for an update. The free driving is brilliant!
07-02-2011, 04:44 PM
i disagree. its good. the controls could be tightened up a bit but its hardly unplayable.
07-03-2011, 12:37 AM
good.........