Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-02-2011, 04:06 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Default HungryMaster by xionchannel

Yes! Been waiting for this.. it's by the dev who made ElectroMaster, one of my fave iOS arcade games.

Youtube link | Pop Up

(video shows some Japanese text but game is in English, or has both..)

Site for the game has more info and other stuff: http://xionchannel.no-ip.org/hm/
Old 07-02-2011, 04:16 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

FINALLY! I've been waiting for this, too, for what feels like forever. ElectroMaster is one of the truly great iOS classic-style arcade games, and this should be every bit as good. Extremely highly recommended, and for those who don't have ElectroMaster, that's another ringer for 1980's style arcade games fans. Buy this, and help encourage xionchannel to keep making these fantastic games.

Last edited by AnarKitty; 07-02-2011 at 04:18 AM.. Reason: Typo, in my excitement. :p
Old 07-02-2011, 06:09 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Electro Master is one of my favourite games on the iOS as well, and if anything this one just about tops it. I know a lot of folks will pass this up after a glimpse of the screenshots, but the fact is it plays 100 times better than it looks. Simply an outstanding game.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:53 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

lol... me too, I LOVE Electro Master... gonna HAVE to get this one! =oD

it looks like the graphics got a little update... or is it just me? Maybe this one just has more added to it... I dunno, but the 2nd, 3rd and 5th screens look like the graphics have been updated, IMO... =o/
Old 07-02-2011, 09:26 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Yeah it's a bit more shiny than ElectroMaster. Lots of lovely explosions and rainbow magic dust and stuff. Love the graphics. It also has much larger scrolling level areas. And you have to do more stuff...

Having had a proper go of it now, I LOVE it. It's really simple to play but getting a good score is quite involved. Feels really satisfying transforming large swathes of cute monsters into food. ^_^

There seem to be some obscure tricks to getting bonus points.. I haven't figured out how it all works yet. One thing the game does tell you is, the length of time you "scrub" (draw the line of magic dust stuff over) the enemies affects what kind of food they turn into.

I love how the more food you collect, the heavier you get and the slower you move (sweat dripping from brow).. feels great when you offload the food at a house and can suddenly zip around really fast again.

It's good fun..definitely recommended if you're into big friendly, cutesy, original arcade games.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:29 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Is there a Survival mode? A game like this always benefits from one.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:29 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

thanx for the impressions! Definitely gonna get this one after I get Deathsmiles... broke til then... =oP

But I WILL get it. =oD
Old 07-02-2011, 12:34 PM

I really liked ElectroMaster, so this is an easy insta-buy for me. I've been waiting for HungryMaster for awhile too.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:37 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

damn... got suckered into buyin Elebits... coulda spent that buck on this!!! **kickin myself***
Old 07-02-2011, 08:02 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Like I said on Twitter, this was an insta-buy as soon as you mentioned it was out, and I'm very satisfied.

Couple of notes - it's not universal but going back between this and ElectroMaster I actually think the built-in filtering helps the arcade CRT effect on the iPad at 2x. And the control schemes have no trouble adapting.

I did run into a bug, at the first boss - the help/intro text sequence would play over every time I tried to tap. It may have had something to do with playing that section in Time Attack before I'd actually got that far in story, or it might have been a random thing, but it did happen a couple of times though I eventually got past it. I reported it to the author but he hasn't been able to repro.

Anyway, great game. I don't think anyone has done a better job of creating a "lost arcade game" yet.