Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-02-2011, 01:45 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Default Connectrode (Puzzle)

Youtube link | Pop Up

This is NOT a Match-3 game... you drag a piece (connector) from the top of the screen down to the bottom part of the screen, connecting pieces of the same color together. You can't go through the squares in the lower portion of the screen... so sometimes you have to set the connectors in an empty spot and move on to the next one... it's a really interesting puzzle game, one that I'm REALLY enjoying!

There's 4 different difficulty modes, the graphics are great, the controls are spot on, the music is nice, and the gameplay is just great. Fun and entertaining, this one will keep me busy for a long, LONG time!

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 07-09-2011 at 10:06 AM..
Old 07-02-2011, 06:16 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Just finished my first Extreme Mode game... and wow! Totally had me stumped a couple times...

I'm really really liking the atmosphere along with gameplay... enough that I wanted to remove a couple games from my sig. and put this one down there...

Really recommend this one to you puzzle fans out there! Really wish I had a screen capture video thingy... This one needs a gameplay vid. =o(

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 07-02-2011 at 06:22 PM..
Old 07-02-2011, 11:19 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Hey syntheticvoid,

Thanks a lot for posting about us here on the forums! We just released today and are glad to already see spontaneous enthusiasm for the game emerging... I think it's a good sign that we've made something of real long-term worth.

Good point about the need for a gameplay video, I'll try to put one together tonight and share it - I particularly want to share the music, which I think is wonderful (which was composed by David Pencil, who did the chiptune-style soundtrack for Penny Arcade TV season 2).

We set out to make a worthy new addition to the puzzle game genre (worthy of comparison to games like Tetris, Drop7, Dr. Mario, and Bejeweled)... we feel that we succeeded.

There's nothing as hard as making a game that's "easy to learn, impossible to master", so we're proud of having made something new that meets that description!

Last edited by DeepPlaid; 07-03-2011 at 02:42 PM..
Old 07-02-2011, 11:38 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Wow...I want this...
Old 07-03-2011, 04:30 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

@syntheticvoid Thank you for starting this thread. There are so many fine games in iTunes that goes under my radar.

This is a great, fun and inventive game
I'm sure this game will stay on my iPod Touch and iPad for a long time.

If you are a puzzle fan this game is a must buy.

Only thing I miss is an option to turn the music off and still keep the soundeffects.

Last edited by jyhjyh; 07-03-2011 at 05:18 AM..
Old 07-03-2011, 07:50 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Agreed... I ended up staying up all night playing this and Cuddle Bears... =oP

some GameCenter support would be great for high-scores!!

I personally LOVE the music... =oP

There were times I would find myself just sitting there listening to it and staring off into space hehe... =oD
Old 07-03-2011, 08:24 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

and WOOHOO!!! 10 Ratings in the US AppStore, ALL of them are 5 stars!! CONGRATS Deep Plaid!!! =oD

Really, I can not believe this game is only a buck. It's got to be one of the best puzzle games I've played in a LONG time. The extra modes are great too... I put it on my daughter's iPod, and she's been playing on Easy, and enjoying it too. =o)

Even though I beat a game on Extreme Mode, Medium Mode still gets me stumped sometimes... and I've had 6 or 7 games on Extreme Mode since then that I had to just give up on because I totally screwed myself. =oP

Can definitely tell that a LOT of time and effort went into this game. Thank you so much for not rushing this! You've really got one AMAZING game on your hands. =oD

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 07-03-2011 at 09:59 AM..
Old 07-06-2011, 08:49 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Really, I can not believe this game is only a buck. It's got to be one of the best puzzle games I've played in a LONG time.
I can't believe it's only $.99 either (and I'm the developer)!

I actually just blogged about this topic on my blog, ranting a bit about the price erosion on the App Store, and making some (possibly controversial) observations on how we as developers could have avoided this. It's kinda "inside baseball" for developers but I thought you guys might be interested in the developers' perspective:
http://www.deepplaid.com/blog/?p=329

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
The extra modes are great too... I put it on my daughter's iPod, and she's been playing on Easy, and enjoying it too. =o)
Awesome, good to know that even kids can play Easy and enjoy it... though I'd say most gamers here on TouchArcade would want to go straight to Hard... that mode produces much more challenging situations.

We're still standing at a solid 5 stars, but we'd love it if more people would play the game (and review it if they like it)!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:12 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Have you got a video? It looks good but I can't quite tell what's going on from the images alone.

Edit:I purchased it. I'll review it after a decent session.

Edit 2: Here's my review. I haven't tried out the facebook/twitter thing. Might I suggest a facebook Connectrode page where everyone can share puzzles? I like competition but I don't have many friends to be competitive with

Simple Yet Elegant
Connectrode is a well designed puzzle game with a very non-aggressive approach (no time limits) which allows for more concentration on planning ahead. The music and visuals have a strong tranquil quality which helps set the mood for deep thinking.

Last edited by EnShinNoi; 07-06-2011 at 12:16 PM..
Old 07-06-2011, 01:28 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
Have you got a video? It looks good but I can't quite tell what's going on from the images alone.

Might I suggest a facebook Connectrode page where everyone can share puzzles? I like competition but I don't have many friends to be competitive with

Simple Yet Elegant
Connectrode is a well designed puzzle game with a very non-aggressive approach (no time limits) which allows for more concentration on planning ahead. The music and visuals have a strong tranquil quality which helps set the mood for deep thinking.
Thanks for trying and reviewing EnShiNoi, it's appreciated! (Reviews on the app store are appreciated too.)

A gameplay video is something we know is really important but haven't yet had time to put together, but I seriously plan to put one together tonight! Aside from showing the gameplay, I want people to be able to preview the great music that David Pencil composed for the game.

The idea of doing one big Facebook group for sharing puzzles/scores is a good one! I just added that to our to-do list for the first release. In related functionality, we also plan to do GameCenter support in that release. I'm proud of how we use social networks to let players compete with their friends; but until peoples' friends actually get the game, you're right that it's difficult. (Though searching Twitter for #Connectrode can accomplish something similar.)